I was on the phone with BB support tonight trying to get my BB working. It was having all sorts of errors pop up (mostly having to do with T-Zones) and there were serious problems with the Desktop Software (it did not install right when I upgraded from 4.3 to 4.6). Right now I'm downloading Desktop Software 4.7 from the BB Site.

I know that there is a way to erase everything on it so it loads a new fresh copy of the Hand held OS. It has something to do with taking out the battery then connecting the USB cable, then disconnecting it at a certain point. The tech told me that if this procedure is not done right that you can brick your BB. Does anyone know about this procedure and how it's done. I don't want to destroy my BB.

About 3 days after I got the BB in March 07, a T-Mo tech walked me through the process but I can't remember what to do.

Any help would be most appreciated...

Thanks much!

ATL Blue
    11-17-08 11:46 PM
    The simplest way (probably) is to use CrackMem, which you can download from a link in my sig. It wasn't in existance when your T-Mo tech talked you through an install in 07.
    11-18-08 12:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD