Hello all,

I'm a new user of the Blackberry 8830 and I'm joining the "Crackberry" world from a Windows mobile universe, LOL.

In my old Motorola Q I had to use the task manager to "kill applications" in order for them to stop running in the background, if I did not do this it would so down my phone.

Does the 8830 have something similar to this?

Cheers and I think I will enjoy this forum
    01-10-08 11:12 PM
    Just use the Cancel key, not the red end button, that does not end it.
    01-10-08 11:44 PM
    where is the cancel key!?
    I am in the same situation (used to have the q and would kill all the applications so the battery wouldnt wear down)
    how can i end or kill applications?
    06-04-08 09:23 PM
    As far as I know (newbie myself - had a curve for two weeks), you click on the 'menu' button (left of the trackball) and click on 'close'.
    Doron
    06-04-08 11:44 PM
    I set my left convenience key as Application Switcher to verify which apps are open. At this point I will select them and then hit the menu key and the close/exit.
    anon(3956470) likes this.
    06-04-08 11:59 PM
    You can check this application called Blackberry Process Viewer:
    Blackberry Process Viewer - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    03-01-09 10:59 AM
    Use the Engineering Screen. It's very risky but you can google 'Unlock BlackBerry Engineering Screen' to get more info on it.
    02-15-11 05:54 PM
    Use the Engineering Screen. It's very risky but you can google 'Unlock BlackBerry Engineering Screen' to get more info on it.
    This is a totally stupid suggestion and, in any event will not solve the problem.
    hawker123 likes this.
    02-15-11 06:03 PM
    Blackberry is not the same as, for example Android. There is no task killer/manager. Typically you would need to exit/close the app when done using it by hitting the Menu key (BlackBerry symbol) and selecting Exit or Close. Most of the time, the Escape key (U-turn arrow) also works the same. To see which apps are running, you can hit the Menu key from almost any screen and select Switch Application. This will display currently open applications. You then select (re-open) the previously open app and properly exit/close it from the Menu. There are some system apps that will always remain open. They are the Home, Phone, Messages, BlackBerry Messenger, and Browser. You should open the Browser and check to see if it was left running on an active web-site, this will also slow your phone down.
    10-29-11 12:26 PM
    I can't imagine why someone would use task manager to kill a task that is working properly (i.e. can be closed in the correct way).

I'm having an issue where App World is frozen on the "Please Wait" splash screen with the wheel continuously turning. The back key doesn't do anything, and the menu key doesn't bring up the menu.

This is a case where I would like to kill the appworld process. Currently, the only workaround is to reset the phone... such an unnecessary procedure for something that is seemingly so simple...
    02-23-12 12:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD