A short time ago I read a post where some explain about using the Autotext capability in BB to post custom signatures in emails, assigning them to keypad shortcuts. I tried it myself, but I must have not quite understood the explanation, because I couldn't get it to work. Forgot where the post was... What is Autotext, and how does one use it?
    09-24-08 09:59 PM
    I have never even heard of such a capability. Perhaps you misunderstood, or I am misinterpreting your question. So you want to be able to press a key and have a certain block of text automatically paste in an email/etc field? This cannot be done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-24-08 10:12 PM
    I have never even heard of such a capability. Perhaps you misunderstood, or I am misinterpreting your question. So you want to be able to press a key and have a certain block of text automatically paste in an email/etc field? This cannot be done.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...utotext-38096/
    09-24-08 10:19 PM
    No ish!! I have never heard of this!

09-24-08 10:22 PM
    This can be done! Options>Auto Text! Then, hit Menu>edit or create new

09-24-08 10:24 PM
    In my 8830, under options, select Auto Text. This opens a list of scores of words, each with another (apparently alternate) words) beside them. push the menu button, you have options of "New", "Edit", and "Delete". Edit opens up whatever word is highlighted; New gives a page with Replace: (blank) With: (blank) Using: (2 options) Language: (3 options). I remember this guy giving instructions to filling in text substituted with a letter or couple letters for, tin that case, an email signature. Someone replied how they'd gotten it to accept 5 lines of text.
    09-24-08 10:25 PM
    I use it all the time. Or at least I think I do :-) Like to type my typical signature below, I use a self-created autotext entry that I've named "jsig". When I type that + a space or the Return key, it generates the signoff text below including the line breaks. I don't know what the character limitation is for this function.
    --
    Jim Beachy
    Sent from my BlackBerry

It's in Homescreen - Options - Autotext

09-24-08 10:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD