Hi-
    I just got this object that is supposed to make my life easier. How do I turn Pearl off, that is the SureType feature? or is it called Smart Type. I know I go to "Options" in "Preferences" (I think), but help, I can't find this! I feel like such a stupid girl. I really do have a doctorate, i swear! HELP
    PPP
    02-18-08 04:15 PM
    open any message or email field and click the menu key (the little blackberry to the left of the trackball) and scroll down to enable multitap...

it will stay on until you turn it off i believe...

-db
    02-18-08 04:29 PM
    db-
    thanks so much. this site is fabulous.
    p
    02-18-08 04:55 PM
    it really is...

-db

by the way... give suretype a chance it is a learning program and it will learn words that you use in texts and emails...
    02-18-08 04:58 PM
    SureType is a pain in the a$$ the first couple of weeks., but if you give it a fighting chance, you'll see how wonderful it really is.

Everyone warned me about how much I'll hate it the first couple of weeks., but that never was the case since I was so well-warned!
    02-18-08 11:31 PM
    SureType is a pain in the a$$ the first couple of weeks., but if you give it a fighting chance, you'll see how wonderful it really is.

Everyone warned me about how much I'll hate it the first couple of weeks., but that never was the case since I was so well-warned!
    yep..i turned mine off on the second day...(had it 2 weeks now) but I was looking how to turn it back on because I want to give it another go..and presto...bear has the answer
    02-25-08 05:22 PM
    db-
    thanks so much. this site is fabulous.
    p
    And so is SureType :]

Jk... to each his own!
    02-25-08 11:38 PM
    I've given it a try but considering that English is not my main language, Sure type sucks. Everytime i try to type something in my own language, other stupid suggestions always screws up my typing, and I've tried for over a month.

I guess there are exceptions to where sure type will not work out.
    03-19-08 09:31 PM
    Maybe you can use your language? In any email/message, hit the Options key and scroll down to input language.

I from time to time switch it to spanish when I'm trying to romance. :-)
    03-20-08 02:50 AM
    I can't seem to get mine to stick to multitap. If I power off and back on, all the text entering reverts to SureType.
    03-20-08 03:18 PM
    I don't think you can turn off SureType permanently
    03-20-08 06:17 PM
    I gave SureType three weeks and still hate its guts. I switched to multitap but for some reason it still keeps correcting my capitalization, which is really annoying for case-sensitive situations. If I want something to be capitalized, I'll capitalize it.

Is it possible to uninstall Suretype? I despise it.
    04-13-08 01:44 AM
    Give it some time, you'll learn to love it!!
    04-13-08 07:56 PM
    SURETYPE - I would like turn in back on but don't have 'language' in options. I have a Pearl. Help please....
    04-17-08 07:02 AM
    Using ITAP on a blackberry is like using morris code on your computer. Keep up with the times or they will pass you by!
    04-17-08 11:10 AM
    i loved suretype when i had my pearl it really is a great thing to use when u get used to it
    04-17-08 11:32 PM
    Suretype is good once you get used to it. I hated it at first. And sometimes I still do (see/are, there/three etc) but you get used to which words are doubled up and it becomes a friend instead of foe.
    04-17-08 11:47 PM
    Can depend on the firmware - Ours at work you need to go into Settings>localaisation, and change the input language to multitap (or not) whichever you prefer
    05-01-08 07:39 AM
    Welcome to CB PinkPearlPerplexed.

Suretype took some getting used to when I had my pearl. But if you give it a chance you'll find it's great.
    05-01-08 08:51 AM
    Suretype took some getting used to when I had my pearl. But if you give it a chance you'll find it's great.
    I think it's a PITA as well and boy was I glad when I found out how to enable MultiTap. Weird thing is, I went to reply to an e-mail yesterday & for some reason it switched over & I was using the Sure-Type. I got through it but I can write faster than I can utilize the SureType...almost makes me wish I picked the bigger BB with the keyboard.
    07-04-08 12:46 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB! There definitely is a learning curve for suretype, and it differs from person to person, but once you get used to it, I swear you'll never want to go back!
    07-04-08 08:58 PM
    I got the new pink henna 8110 and I followed how to turn suretype off but when I hit the menu button in a text mesage it doesn't say anything about mulitab is there somewhere else you can go to turn it off?
    10-14-08 04:59 PM
    I would be lost without SureType on my pearl. There's some tricks to learn but your phone seems to get to know you and then you're golden.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-08 10:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD