I don't know my PIN. What do I need do to display my PIN number in my Bold? New user here.
    06-19-09 08:33 AM
    Hold down alt+shift+h.
    06-19-09 08:36 AM
    Hold down alt+shift+h.
    alt+shift+h ?

I cannot do that.
    Surely there must be another way to find a PIN.
    Can anyone else suggest another way even if it's more complicated?
    06-19-09 08:58 AM
    ... or type mypin in any messenger convo, or go to Options - Status.

also why do you say you cannot type "Alt - Shift - H"?
    06-19-09 08:59 AM
    alt+shift+h ?

I cannot do that.
    Surely there must be another way to find a PIN.
    Can anyone else suggest another way even if it's more complicated?
    There's lot's of ways, the alt+shift+h is a simple one that also provides a lot of other useful info. Not sure why you can't hit three keys at one time.
    06-19-09 09:02 AM
    ... or type mypin in any messenger convo, or go to Options - Status.

also why do you say you cannot type "Alt - Shift - H"?

I just got my Bold last week and don't know where the shift key is. Also, I cannot hold down more than two keys the same time.
    06-19-09 09:02 AM
    [/SIZE]

I just got my Bold last week and don't know where the shift key is. Also, I cannot hold down more than two keys the same time.
    alt is in the lower left side of the keyboard, shift is the lower right (it has aA and and upward facing arrow). Hold alt with your left thumb, shift with your right thumb, and I press h using my left forefinger.
    06-19-09 09:08 AM
    Go to "settings->options->status"

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-09 09:08 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I take it that you don't have to do it simultaneously. I did it and got a 3 digit #. Did I do it right. What do I need the pin for? Yup, I'm really ignorant.
    06-19-09 09:11 AM
    Thank you all for your help. Now I feel like a real someone! So now the question is, what do I do with the PIN?
    Last edited by asher_zelig; 06-19-09 at 09:15 AM.
    06-19-09 09:13 AM
    I don't know my PIN. What do I need do to display my PIN number in my Bold? New user here.
    Well, I figured it out. Go to settings, than options and then status. It gives your pin #. My real questions is, what do I do with the pin #?
    06-19-09 09:15 AM
    I'm in the same boat. I take it that you don't have to do it simultaneously. I did it and got a 3 digit #. Did I do it right. What do I need the pin for? Yup, I'm really ignorant.
    Yes, all at the same time like control+alt+delete on a PC.

99% you'll never need to know your PIN. You'll look it up to use Blackberry Messenger. Many people post their PINs here, it's by their avatar.
    06-19-09 09:17 AM
    Thank you all for your help. Now I feel like a real someone! So now the question is, what do I do with the PIN?
    Pin#s are used in blackberry messenger, it's how people add you, and you add them to your contacts list

06-19-09 09:17 AM
    dude you definitely need the Crackberry 101 series - do a search for it - but you can press the ALT and Shift Key (bottom left or bottom right) with one hand, and H with the other.
    06-19-09 09:18 AM
    Options > Status.

ALT + SHIFT + H

Hold the ALT key: Type EACE (Same as ALT, SHFT + H)

In a message type "mypin" (w/o quotation marks) when you hit space or enter to finish it, mypin chances to PIN:XXXXXXXX (Xs would be your PIN number)
    06-19-09 09:22 AM
    dude you definitely need the Crackberry 101 series - do a search for it - but you can press the ALT and Shift Key (bottom left or bottom right) with one hand, and H with the other.
    Crackberry 101?

I don't see any search field on this site that would locate such a thing.
    06-19-09 09:26 AM
    06-19-09 09:50 AM
    Thank you. I have bookmarked this link, which I never knew existed.
    06-19-09 11:24 AM
    This is awesome. I need to subscribe to this thread.
    06-20-09 12:35 PM
    Hey there!!!
    Here's a neat trick so you don't need to remember your pin.
    You can type "mypin" then hit space key.
    Your phone will display "pin:########"
    Works well for emails and bb messenger.
    Do you do it from your home screen. I got nothing. Did it from email and it did nothing.
    06-21-09 08:08 AM
    Options > Status.

In a message type "mypin" (w/o quotation marks) when you hit space or enter to finish it, mypin chances to PIN:XXXXXXXX (Xs would be your PIN number)
    Both of the above options do not function on a curve 8900.

ALT + SHIFT + H

Hold the ALT key: Type EACE (Same as ALT, SHFT + H)
    These however are the solution to my 2 day frustration trying to activate the first program I ever bought "QuickLaunch" (cant w8 to find out if all the hassle was worth it!)

Thx for making my day!

Last edited by DreX1a; 06-21-09 at 02:57 PM.
    06-21-09 02:52 PM
    In composing an email or in a BBM window it does work the 8900. mypin hit the space key and is changes. Unless i'm not explaining it properly.
    06-21-09 02:54 PM
    In composing an email or in a BBM window it does work the 8900. mypin hit the space key and is changes. Unless i'm not explaining it properly.
    Then I guess its an OS differance.
    I'm using 4.6.1.168 because I just got this one and left my micro-usb cable at work (have 4.6.1.250 downloaded and waiting to be abused)

06-21-09 03:02 PM
    Maybe. No wait i doubt it. The mypin trick works on 4.5 devices so it should work on 4.6 no matter the OS. Yeah 250 is NICE.
    06-21-09 03:05 PM
    Hey all!

Here's a neat trick, so you don't have to memorize your pin.
    I'll rephrase what I posted, as it seemed to create more confusion than a solution.

While composing any email or typing on blackberry messenger messages you type,

mypin then hit space key.

the word, mypin, will change into mypin:########, displaying the #'s of your pin.
    06-21-09 03:10 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD