I have a BB Pearl 8120 and I'm using a MacBook. I've bought a few things from CrackBerry, which gets sent to my email (gmail) and when I click on the link in the message, it sends me to CrackBerry's Download Center. So far so good. The choices are: download file to desktop, download to phone by SMS, or download to phone by email. I don't have SMS, but do have email, so I tried that one. The only email I have going on my BB is my gmail account, and it just sent an email there, with a link. I don't have internet, just email, so I couldn't click on the link from my phone. Next I tried downloading it to my desktop, but it looks like it may not be compatible with mac...

I did download PocketMac, and I thought that would be the go-between for software I buy, but there's only an option there to buy things from PocketMac.net.

Argh. This is probably one of the simplest things to do and I CAN'T DO IT!!!
    I hate being such a newb. Any help would sure be appreciated!
    10-10-08 07:06 PM
    Greetings and welcome to Crackberry! You would need a data package from T-Mo to use the Internet browser to do and OTA (over-the-air) install of the applications if you are trying to do the email option. I don't have a Mac, so I am not familiar with Pocket Mac and its format, but here is a link that may be of some assistance regarding loading the file via the desktop.

How to install 3rd party applications (Mac OS X) | BlackBerryInsight

Hope this helps!
    10-10-08 07:29 PM
    Thanks, Patrickwc!
    That did the trick. I've got my new software safely downloaded!

-Annabelle
    10-10-08 10:29 PM
    Annabelle,

Happy to help! Enjoy your new BB.
    10-11-08 05:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD