i have a BB 8330. is it possible to delete the pics that come pre-loaded with the phone? if so how? i have been trying and cant. even tried to do it with the BB desktop manager but dont seem to be able to. on the top right corner of the pics theres a lil lock sign. so if anyone knows how..let me know. thanx.
    08-29-08 06:24 PM
    i have a BB 8330. is it possible to delete the pics that come pre-loaded with the phone? if so how? i have been trying and cant. even tried to do it with the BB desktop manager but dont seem to be able to. on the top right corner of the pics theres a lil lock sign. so if anyone knows how..let me know. thanx.
    The search feature of this site is your friend.http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=4638076

08-29-08 06:34 PM
    It is recommended that you do not delete pre-loaded pics or ringtones from your device as they are a part of the OS. Problems will occur if you do.
    08-30-08 12:58 AM
    It is recommended that you do not delete pre-loaded pics or ringtones from your device as they are a part of the OS. Problems will occur if you do.

This statement is not correct. Problems will not occur by deleting them. It is fine to delete them.

For the OP, if you wish to delete, there are directions by clicking the link on my signature "Optimizing you memory"
    08-30-08 01:08 AM
    Removing the preloaded pics is not a problem at all... follow Stoner's Guide. The link is in my signature
    08-30-08 01:08 AM
    Ya what would make him think that you can't delete those ? I deleted mine no problems here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 01:10 AM
    I stand corrected. I thought I read Stoner mention that. My bad!
    08-30-08 01:29 AM
    The only problem I could think of would be if a profile pointed to a ringer if you remove the preloaded ringers. On 4.5.0.77 the preloaded ringers only takes up 610KB. 4.3 it was 716KB. Same ringers just smaller files it appears. But anyways if one wanted to you could use a dithering cable connecting your BB to the PC microphone jack. Play the preloaded ringers in the media player and record the output to your pc. And then name the files as they appear on the BB. I am not sure the file format used. And then you can point all your profiles to the new ones on your media card. Then you can remove the preloaded ringers and still have them but now on the media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 04:14 AM
    thanx for the help
    08-30-08 07:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD