Not a newbie, but I have what seems to be a newbie question. I did a search of the forum and didn't find anything. I want to know how I delete all the pre-loaded launchers that my curve came with. ie: (shop tunes, shop tones, shop themes, streaming music, teleNav- I use google maps, music ID,shop apps, ETC.) they drive me nuts because i've been switching themes a lot lately and its a pain in my *** to have to go back and hide them each time. I thought that if I put them all in one folder, and then hid the folder that when I switched to a new app I would only have to re-hide the folder. but thats not the case.... I also followed the steps to maximize mem and thought that might take care of these, but no. I can't find them in the applications list, nor in the modules. please help. they make me want to throw my bb at the wall..
    11-25-08 08:40 AM
    Some icons are apart of your service books and cannot be deleted, you can only hide them. Delete what you can by going to options>advanced options>applications. If you see an icon that is not listed here, it is apart of the service books and you will just have to hide it. As long as you don't install the apps you are fine...
    11-25-08 08:50 AM
    Can I alter the service books? Having to hide them seriously drives me batty. Thanks SD- you always come to the rescue!
    11-25-08 08:52 AM
    Unfortunately no, when you do a reset or battery pull, they will come back. Like i was saying if you don't install the application it won't take up memory, so your only choice is to hide the icon...
    11-25-08 08:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD