Hello everyone,
    My name is Maurizio and I am italian,I am an happy new owner of a 8700g,I like especially to see flights schedules by pocket express or to see portuguese streets by maps. Blackberry is really useful. Now I have a problem: a friend of mine who is living in portugal and whose nick is Cat has got a 8700g also,o problem is that is a blackberry bought in Italy with a Tim carrier logo and with a Tim sim card. It seem that is impossible to make it work in Portugal,because using an italian sim card should be extremely expensive and it's not possible to put a vodafone portugal sim card in it. Can anybody help this two friend to keep in contact by explain how to crack an italian tim blackberry for using it with a portuguese sim card (vodafone portugal). Any help is welcome. Thanks. Grazie. Obrigado.
    01-09-08 02:40 PM
    Cat will need to obtain an unlock code from her TIM carrier, for the BB. If they cannot provide, it can be purchased from an unlock code vendor. Codes for European devices normally take about two weeks to obtain.
    Read this FAQ about such, and the three vendors listed there are reputable people to deal with.
    How do I unlock my BlackBerry? - BlackBerryFAQ

Then Cat can get a Portugese carrier SIM card and account, and BB Data Plan.

Good luck.
    01-09-08 04:38 PM
    just need to choice the carrier
    tmn
    vodafone
    optimus
    03-17-09 02:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD