Just got my 8830. New to the BB world.

Question:

How do you add a number to and existing contact easily?

I can't seem to do it, other than copy and pasting the number, once I edit the existing contact.
    06-18-07 07:37 PM
    Open the contact / menu / edit / scroll to the section that you want to add, i.e. home, mobile etc, and enter said number in the field...
    06-19-07 04:39 AM
    I do apologize. I'm new at this and I didn't state my questions clearly.

When you receive a call onto your 8830 (someone calls from their office to you) and the contact exists already in your 8830, but not their office number (you only have their mobile). How do you easily add the new number under an existing contact?

Is there a short cut?
    06-19-07 08:33 AM
    what i do is menu > copy 555.555.5555, then i go to the contact in my address book, and paste it in its appropriate spot. i haven't figured out a quicker way yet......if there is one, i'd like to know as well
    06-19-07 11:40 AM
    Yea, that's the only way I've been able to do it. Copy and Paste.
    I loved my LG cell phone, as it would give me an option to add the new number that just came in to an existing contact or create a new contact.

Oh well....a few key strokes/presses won't me.

If anyone knows of a short cut, please post.
    06-19-07 01:21 PM
    I agree - such a pain. Would love to know a shortcut!

I do apologize. I'm new at this and I didn't state my questions clearly.

When you receive a call onto your 8830 (someone calls from their office to you) and the contact exists already in your 8830, but not their office number (you only have their mobile). How do you easily add the new number under an existing contact?

Is there a short cut?
    06-19-07 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD