When I bought my VZW 8330 Curve I purchased a car charger. I saw the port on the phone and the guy said that no other chargers would work.

My friend who has a Pearl said he uses his Moto Q car charger and it works fine. So I plugged his phone into my Moto Q car and home charger and it worked. Didnt want to try my phone and fry it by chance So are the BB chargers special??
    07-06-08 05:47 PM
    I use my wifes MOTO KRAZR charger no problem. Any mini usb charger will work.
    07-06-08 05:52 PM
    I wouldn't take a chance. I don't take chance if I'm not willing to live with the consequences. My BB came with a travel charger.
    07-06-08 05:52 PM
    Unfortunately, not all car chargers follow the USB power standard. My freedom keychain 2000 car charger will not charge my 8830. The charging icon comes on momentarily, then goes off. For that matter, not every PC USB port works either. I don't think you're going to hurt your bb by trying, though. It will either work or it won't. If it won't work, it will be because it can't deliver enough current to charge your bb. That's unlikely to damage anything if you try it and remove it when it doesn't work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-08 06:33 PM
    You can use it without problem.
    07-06-08 08:23 PM
    i used my gf's razr charger today and thought it was mine. lol
    07-07-08 02:31 AM
    Most Non-BB chargers dont produce enough power. My Moto KRZR charger will show it charging but the line never moves.
    07-15-08 09:22 AM
    I use my old Moto Q home and car charger for my Curve with no problems
    07-15-08 09:40 AM
    Most Non-BB chargers dont produce enough power. My Moto KRZR charger will show it charging but the line never moves.

Kudos.......the BB mobile chargers charge at 50ma..........the wall chargers charge at 75ma (that's why it charges faster in the wall)..........so as long as the source is 50ma to 75 ma you SHOULD be ok...............I am unfamiliar with the KRZR current...........but I suspect it is under 50ma.......
    07-15-08 09:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD