Hey guys,

I'm a convert from iPhone 3GS to a BB and so far it's looking pretty good! Phoned VF and I was told that they could move my iPhone account into a BB one with BIS

Couldn't believe that they were offering me that! However, always wanted a BB and this thing (probably Bold 9780) will be the perfect addition to my iPhone as both are superb pieces of technology.

Will continue and read all the 101s and watch some of Kevin's awesome videos.

Still 3 BBs in my sight. Bold 9780, Torch 9800 or even Storm2. Not sure about the keyboard in the torch as I might imagine that the lower row is a bit problematic due to lack of space.

Hello all!
    01-15-11 11:44 AM
    Welcome Cris! If you have any questions let us know
    01-17-11 07:40 PM
    Welcome aboard!....
    01-17-11 08:54 PM
    Thanks guys. One question I only have.

If I opted for a hosted Exchange Server with BES would I need AD as well? I know that the Exchange log on name is an AD alias.

Do I also understand correctly that the BIS email is myname<at>provider.blackberry.net. Would I have to use that one to get the real instant push or could I just ignore the bis email and go straight for hosted bes and exchange?
    01-19-11 07:20 PM
    I'm sending for helping on this now.
    Crisdean likes this.
    01-20-11 09:47 AM
    I'm a BES user, not an administrator. I don't know the AD acronym, so I can't help with that question. I can answer the second question. It is not necessary to use the BlackBerry BIS email address for anything. I don't use it because I don't want email coming to an address that isn't accessible on a PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Crisdean likes this.
    01-20-11 10:34 AM
    I'm sending for helping on this now.
    Ta very much!

I'm a BES user, not an administrator. I don't know the AD acronym, so I can't help with that question. I can answer the second question. It is not necessary to use the BlackBerry BIS email address for anything. I don't use it because I don't want email coming to an address that isn't accessible on a PC.

I was just wondering as whenever I sign on I've to enter the domain and my username like F45gh8l which is my active directory alias. So was wondering if I received those name when signing up to such services.

Once I order BES and Exchange I had instant push which is good. Would I require anything special for my gmail accounts?

If I find this information will post it here as I'm sure that you have some info about this.

Off topic. At the moment I'm rocking my iPhone and the Exchange inbox and I feel that I keep missing out on news. That doesn't feel right....
    01-20-11 03:23 PM
    My BES account is provided and maintained by my employer. That may be a slightly different setup than you are describing, since it sounds like you are ordering it for yourself. Once I activate on the Enterprise, which is a one-time activity, I don't have to enter a domain and username on my BlackBerry. Enterprise mail just appears in the inbox folder with no action required on my part.

BES allows up to ten BIS email accounts. You shouldn't have to do anything special for GMail. I use it with no problem.
    01-20-11 03:44 PM
    Got my BB today and nearly everything works. Apart from Email. Old emails are simply not pushed or at least shown for IMAP accounts. Otherwise all going smoothly

Edit: Of course they will only be captured from start of BIS.....Every day is a school day!
    Last edited by Crisdean; 03-12-11 at 10:28 AM.
    03-12-11 10:21 AM
    Enjoy your BlackBerry Cris! You will like it and probably get addicted like me!

03-12-11 11:29 AM
    Enjoy your BlackBerry Cris! You will like it and probably get addicted like me!

Yeah it still feels a bit alien but BBM looks nice and the whole system is pretty alright How long have you been rocking the BB?
    03-12-11 12:59 PM
    Anyone from the uk on here?
    If so add me 26A6EC94
    X

03-13-11 03:11 AM
    welcome everything is on this site just be patient and make youre way through it all
    updating is also quite painless follow instructions to the letter
    good luck and have fun
    03-13-11 04:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD