Hello everybody, I thought I'd write here and then go on reading the forum(basically that's what i'm doing nonstop for 2 days already)
    My name is Alex, and im en route to choosing the 1st Blackberry for myself.
    I used to live in Russia, but now I'm a fellow California resident and all that
    I used to be a in the Symbian OS really deep, was a moderator for Russia's #1 Series60 forum, It was something I thought I'd never leave(a Symbian-based smartphone). I even bought a new Nokia N-97 prior to my moving to US. But it turned out it's time to switch-Nokias don't work here as well as they do in Europe, so here I am-)
    I'm still deciding on the BB itself, as well as the service provider, but i think It'll hardly take more than a week.I also feel sorry for myself for practically throwing away 1000$ on that Nokia=(
    I'd be very grateful for any advices and additional info, and would like to apologize in advance for mistakes I may be making in English.(I was a teacher of English back in Russia, but everything can happen)
    Sorry for the long post, I tried to stay dense=)
    09-25-09 02:04 AM
    Welcome to the wonderful CB family! May I suggest reading the 101 Lecture series found here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/ Then reading How to increase more file free for your Blackberry here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/ Then searching the How To forum section here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/

Thnx, �Tripster�

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 02:11 AM
    Welcome to the Crack!
    09-26-09 03:22 AM
    Thank you, everybody-)
    So nice of y'all)
    The forums are awesome, I haven't gotten a BB yet but I'm already addicted to the forums=)
    PS need advice: 9000/89000/9630 ?=)
    I know I'm like everybody else, but I might use some advice on that. As for now, my fav is 9000, mostly because of the keyboard and screen sizes. I'd appreciate all information supplied
    09-26-09 05:17 AM
    Hope you take the plunge. My best advice is keep doing what you are and just read as much as possible.

09-26-09 05:49 AM
    Hope you take the plunge. My best advice is keep doing what you are and just read as much as possible.

That's what I'm actually doing
    and I still gotta go to work in the morning, that's my workday for this week(
    09-26-09 05:59 AM
    Thank you, everybody-)
    So nice of y'all)
    The forums are awesome, I haven't gotten a BB yet but I'm already addicted to the forums=)
    PS need advice: 9000/89000/9630 ?=)
    I know I'm like everybody else, but I might use some advice on that. As for now, my fav is 9000, mostly because of the keyboard and screen sizes. I'd appreciate all information supplied

Its a toss up between the 8900 vs 9000! Both are great devices and are workhorses. Yes the 8900 is smaller then most but the 9000 is bigger then most.

I love both of their form factors, if I was to choose I'd go with the 8900. I've borrowed it from my buddy and almost surrendered my 8330! I stayed with my 8330 though, I just can't let her go! When I had my buddies 8900, all I gotta say is wow.

Battery life is usually nonexistent for me so I'm not worried about that. The keyboard on the 8900 was great, just weird coming from using the 8330. The screen is smaller, I also didn't mind that. Just didn't have 3G which I prefer over WiFi.

Wifi is great, just I really don't need to use it. I hope this makes sense, cause I'm just waking up! Have fun with either BB you choose, they all are great devices!

Thnx, �Tripster�

09-26-09 06:11 AM
    Tripster: thank you, i've read your reply in the morning and right after that went straight to local Verizon store and spent almost an hour making myself familiar with the Tour.After that the 9000 and 8900 in the nearest ATT store faced the same thing-) In three hours time I've totally understood which one is made for me, and this is the Bold=)
    The only one that is usable in terms of my hand size and ambitions=)
    09-27-09 02:19 AM
    Finally I'm 100% in - just picked up my Bold about an hour ago-)
    It's charging while I'm reading the forums and getting prepared for addiction)
    10-05-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD