Hi All,

First post to introduce myself as I wait for my Playbook to arrive from PC World. Their price of �129 for the 64BG version convinced me to take the plunge. After I saw the advert in the papers last weekend I started looking at it more closely – and realised that version 2.0 answered the questions that made me reject the idea when I read the reviews at initial launch.

Even though I’m an Android fanboy the Nexus 7 is �200 for a 16GB version and even the 8Gb is �160 – and it can’t do Flash out of the box (hardware spec is nice though). There may be cheap Android tablets out there – but I don’t fancy the build quality.

I’ve been an iPod user for years but the iPad is ridiculously expensive – �400 for 16Gb and I definitely want a more compact size - even if the 7” iPad does appear in the next month or so it’s not going to be �129 (and it probably won’t do Flash either).

I’ve “served my time” with mobile devices over the years - Psion Siena, Psion MX5, an early Widows CE device (Sharp Mobilon IIRC), various Nokias running Symbian (3650, E70, E90), a Winmo powered Asus M530, an EeePC and Android phones (HTC Tattoo, Acer e210) culminating in my current HTC ChaCha (Android in a Blackberry form factor)

I guess I’m going to have a lot of questions to start with (I've got one already) so I’ll post them in the appropriate place.

cheers

Terry
    08-31-12 02:40 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry forums. There are lots of knowledgeable and friendly folks here to answer any questions, Enjoy.
    08-31-12 04:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD