Just wondering if all the free software on this site will work if I have WiFi but don't pay for unlimited internet. I can get on the internet with the WiFi but not sure if any of the programs will work.

I appreciate the info before I download any of them.

Thanks,
    Mollie
    09-15-08 11:59 PM
    09-16-08 12:05 AM
    Welcome to crackberry
    09-16-08 12:33 AM
    Welcome to crackberry
    09-16-08 01:01 AM
    welcome to cb!
    09-16-08 02:55 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Wifi only supports the Browser. You can download third party applications, but nearly everything I have tried failed to initialize with the BlackBerry infrastructure. The exceptions are trivial games that can be used on multiple devices.

The Wifi Browser is quite enough to justify using it with mobile supported sites like Google and Yahoo. The combination of iGoogle and Gmail will provide basic email function.

09-16-08 10:41 AM
    Thanks for the info ! I am having problems when I try and download any of the apps. My computer says it can't read the file extension "jad" and asks for name of a program that will read it. I have Vista. Any ideas???

Thanks,
    Mollie
    09-16-08 03:15 PM
    Welcome Crackie
    09-16-08 04:13 PM
    Thanks for the info ! I am having problems when I try and download any of the apps. My computer says it can't read the file extension "jad" and asks for name of a program that will read it. I have Vista. Any ideas???

Thanks,
    Mollie
    BlackBerry applications come in several formats.

JAD files are typicaly non-specific games that can be installed with Application Loader in Desktop Manager.

JAR files are packages of JAD files with the installation instructions included. They can ususally be installed Over The Air (OTA)

ALX files are usually reserved for larger and more complex application. They are also downloaded to a computer before installing with Applications Manager.

It will all make sense, eventualy.
    09-16-08 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD