Hey this is my first time posting on this forum. I am currently in the market to buy a blackberry. Everything about the device seems appealing, though I need some advice. I am with Verizon currently and do not like their bb selection. I like the 8830 since it is WE (i might be traveling abroad here in the future), but I think that Verizon's international plan is a little expensive. I am debating on porting my number to ATT and either going with the Curve (8320 or 8310 when it comes out, Which is better?) or the 8820. Does anyone have any insight for me? I would greatly appreciate it. Also 3G or EVDO is not an issue to me.

Brad (a future BB owner)
    10-15-07 03:39 PM
    Hi Brad! Not here to answer your questions I'm not familiar about Verizon's But welcome to the crackberry family. Browse the forum and enjoy!
    10-15-07 03:57 PM
    Welcome to CB! If you are looking at going to AT&T, your options are the 8100, 8310, or 8820. All are great devices that have something different to offer. Tell us what is important to you, and we can help you narrow down a choice.
    10-15-07 07:11 PM
    Welcome to CB and hope you get that BB soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-15-07 07:40 PM
    well i like the form factor of the curve and the 2mp camera....but that being said i never use my camera on my current samsung phone. the one aspect that is intriguing about the 8820 is that it has wifi. correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't the 8320 have wifi? the only reason I won't switch to tmobile now is because of the lack of quality service in my area. ATT and Verizon are my only options. I've owned a treo before it was actually a Treo 600 and I almost went insane every time i'd try to make a phone call...I also owned a 8703e for about a week and then returned it....reason being I honestly couldn't afford the verizon plan every month but now things have change i'm going to finally get my hands on one....
    10-16-07 12:09 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.com. Please take a moment to review our rules & guidelines (link in my signature).

Also, with regards to AT&T, if you have a friend that has AT&T service, with a BlackBerry, or any other device, I'd test it making calls from your home, and work if possible (since these are the two places you'll be most)...
    10-16-07 03:32 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com
    10-16-07 06:54 AM
    thanks for the advice.....anyone purchased the 8310 off of walmart? just seeing how smooth the process was....thanks

10-16-07 01:27 PM