Warning: pretty long. But it's an introduction so I get to go on a bit this time right?

Well, I'm Jessica, pretty obvious. I just got my curve on Sunday and it's my first Blackberry. So far it's not bad just pretty weird for me. I was thinking about getting one for a while and took the plunge. I'm not ready just yet to leave the iPhone fully but trying to wean myself off. I'm waiting for a case to come in the mail so I don't wreck my new toy, so that's stopping me from using the BB all the time right now too. The one thing that's just driving me crazy is finding a decent IM app. I use ebuddy on my iPhone and it's pretty great but finding a good version for BB isn't working out. I'm thinking meebo but I like to change my display name. I've done searches but nothing is appealing to me. Ebuddy is my happy place. The stock apps are okay but they're basically the exact same as the ones I got on my dumbphones years ago and I like an all in one better.

Part of me got the Blackberry for a change, and to get a physical keyboard back, and the other part of me did it because Apple's attitude lately is getting to me a bit. Hopefully I fall in love with it once I get everything set up the way I like it and running smoothly. Nobody that I know uses BBM, most of them use dumbphones and the rest don't bother with data. So I haven't gotten a chance to try that feature, which I was looking forward to a lot. D:

Hm I guess I'll put a little about me here. Well, I'm from Canada. I'm 15 but I try not to act or make myself look like a complete *****. It's just my opinion but I think I'm doing at least somewhat better than a lot of people my age. I don't have a problem with people my own age (I do love my friends, no matter how stupid they can be sometimes) but **** sometimes just reading their texts/IMs drives me crazy. I'm not the grammar police or anything but I do my best to at least make sense and put something legible down. I have a dog, and some birds. I keep a couple of quails as pets, and I only know of one other person who does. They're cute little guys. I have some piercings, 1 tattoo that I just got but I want a few more already.

I'm kind of shy, not really at all in person but over the internet things can get mixed up or taken the wrong way so easily by people who don't actually know you and I don't like getting anyone pissed off by accident. CB seems pretty inviting so I'm trying not to worry too much.

I'm hoping I can get some support for the big switch to make the BB experience at least as good as the Apple one. Once I learn more I'd like to pass some knowledge onto other people, but for now I'll probably keep to myself a fair bit so I don't end up giving bad advice trying to talk about things I don't get yet. So hi to everyone Maybe say hi back and post a little about yourself too?
    12-01-10 12:59 AM
    Warning: pretty long. But it's an introduction so I get to go on a bit this time right?

Well, I'm Jessica, pretty obvious. I just got my curve on Sunday and it's my first Blackberry. So far it's not bad just pretty weird for me. I was thinking about getting one for a while and took the plunge. I'm not ready just yet to leave the iPhone fully but trying to wean myself off. I'm waiting for a case to come in the mail so I don't wreck my new toy, so that's stopping me from using the BB all the time right now too. The one thing that's just driving me crazy is finding a decent IM app. I use ebuddy on my iPhone and it's pretty great but finding a good version for BB isn't working out. I'm thinking meebo but I like to change my display name. I've done searches but nothing is appealing to me. Ebuddy is my happy place. The stock apps are okay but they're basically the exact same as the ones I got on my dumbphones years ago and I like an all in one better.

Part of me got the Blackberry for a change, and to get a physical keyboard back, and the other part of me did it because Apple's attitude lately is getting to me a bit. Hopefully I fall in love with it once I get everything set up the way I like it and running smoothly. Nobody that I know uses BBM, most of them use dumbphones and the rest don't bother with data. So I haven't gotten a chance to try that feature, which I was looking forward to a lot. D:

Hm I guess I'll put a little about me here. Well, I'm from Canada. I'm 15 but I try not to act or make myself look like a complete *****. It's just my opinion but I think I'm doing at least somewhat better than a lot of people my age. I don't have a problem with people my own age (I do love my friends, no matter how stupid they can be sometimes) but **** sometimes just reading their texts/IMs drives me crazy. I'm not the grammar police or anything but I do my best to at least make sense and put something legible down. I have a dog, and some birds. I keep a couple of quails as pets, and I only know of one other person who does. They're cute little guys. I have some piercings, 1 tattoo that I just got but I want a few more already.

I'm kind of shy, not really at all in person but over the internet things can get mixed up or taken the wrong way so easily by people who don't actually know you and I don't like getting anyone pissed off by accident. CB seems pretty inviting so I'm trying not to worry too much.

I'm hoping I can get some support for the big switch to make the BB experience at least as good as the Apple one. Once I learn more I'd like to pass some knowledge onto other people, but for now I'll probably keep to myself a fair bit so I don't end up giving bad advice trying to talk about things I don't get yet. So hi to everyone Maybe say hi back and post a little about yourself too?
    Welcome to crackberry Jessica!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 01:06 AM
    Welcome, enjoy I don't use bb, but I use to for years and loved it back then. Enjoy!
    12-01-10 01:08 AM
    Haha I guess I'm not the only one up late. Thanks guys (:
    12-01-10 01:32 AM
    Welcome to crackberry and enjoy your stay

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-01-10 03:13 AM
    Hi Jess! Welcome to CB! That's quite an intro! You sound like a lovely young woman, if you lived a little closer I'd try to introduce you to my 16 year old nephew. lol, j/k

Anyways welcome to our community! Check out the BB Apps Forum, and the Forum for your device, where you can find some more help and application suggestions.
    12-01-10 07:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD