Hi, I just bought an Blackberry 8830 from Verizon today and I just have a few questions to get me started on using my new phone. If anyone could help i'd greatly appreciate it.

1.) How do I setup my Cox & Gmail personal email with my Blackberry?
    (i've tried the setup on the Blackberry itself but to no avail)

2.) I have the Desktop Manager installed that came with the phone but I don't see anywhere where I can input Contacts, Daily Tasks, Calendar or any other functions as well.

Sorry if these questions have been repeated, I know theres a Search function but i'm a bit of a "I want a personal experience" kind of thing.

Thanks in advance!

John
    07-29-07 06:24 PM
    Hey John,

I just got my 8830 also, I don't have a clue about your first question, (might be under "Setup E-mail". But as for the contacts, Daily Tasks, etc... I don't know if this is the only way but I use Microsoft Outlook.
    If there is another way I hope someone else helps you out.

Hope this helps!
    07-29-07 07:32 PM
    Could you explain how you do it with Microsoft Outlook? If so I will be using that then to set all my tasks unless theres another way through with a BlackBerry software that assists you with inputing them.
    07-29-07 07:41 PM
    Before starting anything, make sure you have a data package on your account. If yes, proceed...

1. Either go to 'setup internet email' on your device, or go here!

2. Enter all the contacts, tasks, calendar items etc in Outlook. Install Desktop Manager, open it, connect the BlackBerry, and select synchronize. From that screen, check the options, and make sure calendar, tasks, notes, addressbook, are selected for the sync operation...

Ps: searching does help, these have been answered before; but...
    07-29-07 08:44 PM
    Does it matter which Outlook you use?
    07-29-07 08:45 PM
    Nope, 2000, 2002, 2003 or 2007 will work. I've tested them all...

Ps: I hope you're not thinking I meant Outlook Express! I'm talking about Microsoft Outlook...
    07-29-07 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD