Hi from Malaysia!

Have been a lurker for weeks now and its time for me to get a new phone, mostly for productivity & work. Have been using IOS and Android for years and this will be my first time considering a BB as my daily driver.

The models shortlisted (not in particular order):
    1. Blackberry Passport
    2. Samsung Galaxy Note 5
    3. Sony Experia Z5

Why:
    For BB Passport, a colleague of mine is using one and it is well suited for productivity purposes (You Tube video from JC also helps to make it listed in the list). I used to have phones with keypads which were HTC Touch Pro and Nokia E90, so I know how useful the keypad can be.

For Note 5, its the multitasking capabilities and the S-Pen (I have Note 1 many years before).

For Z5, its the camera and dual SIMs capabilities. I am currently using Samsung Grand Duos/Prime as my daily driver with personal & office issued SIMs installed. I have another Samsung in case I want to revert to single SIM phone.

My decision is biased toward the Passport and a local dealer is having a white unit (I prefer black though) for sale (official BB and unlocked). However, reading about the possible EOL of BB10 OS make me worry a bit (well, a lot actually). If I buy this now so late in the Passport's life, will it continue to be supported in the next 2 - 3 years?

Thanks all for reading. Your inputs are most appreciated.

Cheers.
    12-15-15 07:55 PM
    Welcome, and it looks like you answered your own question. Passport kills.
    12-15-15 08:08 PM
    Thanks WITHDRAWL.

Yep.. that more or less true, but I may swing to non-BB options if I cannot convince myself that BB10 OS will survive for another 2 years (hardened BB followers may think this is a non-issue, but not for new converts).

BB Priv is a no go as it is ridiculously expensive in where I live. Regards.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-15-15 08:45 PM
    Thanks WITHDRAWL.

Yep.. that more or less true, but I may swing to non-BB options if I cannot convince myself that BB10 OS will survive for another 2 years (hardened BB followers may think this is a non-issue, but not for new converts).

Totally agree, and yes BB10 will be around. Look at the BBOS 7 it's still around.

If you have a choice try the passport se , I had both and the se is the best phone in the market today in my opinion.
    12-15-15 08:49 PM
    Can't go wrong with the Passport.

BBM Channel: C0001F285
    12-15-15 08:52 PM
    I would add that a BB10 device is well suited as a main driver but benefits from a second supplementary iOS/Droid device carried in a bag/handbag. Passport is gorgeous, fast and still current, but with it's Android side is only just good enough (if you need stuff from that side to work).

 Classic via CB
    12-15-15 09:07 PM
    Totally agree, and yes BB10 will be around. Look at the BBOS 7 it's still around.

If you have a choice try the passport se , I had both and the se is the best phone in the market today in my opinion.
    Thanks. I was considering the SE version as well but it is not locally supported by the local BB authorized distributer. Will wait and see.

12-15-15 09:30 PM
    I would add that a BB10 device is well suited as a main driver but benefits from a second supplementary iOS/Droid device carried in a bag/handbag. Passport is gorgeous, fast and still current, but with it's Android side is only just good enough (if you need stuff from that side to work).

 Classic via CB
    Thanks Pixel Spartan.

Yup that is my plan, unless somebody can confirm the following android fitness apps works with Passport (I don't have a BB to test):

Garmin Connect Mobile
    Strava
    MyFitnessPal Calorie Counter

Those are frequently use apps other than the standard social apps... Thanks.

12-15-15 09:36 PM
    Thanks WITHDRAWL.

BB10 will be around 2 years from now, just don't expect it to continue to be supported or updated 2 years from now

Posted via CB10
    12-15-15 09:45 PM
    Love love love love love my passport. Just sayin

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    12-15-15 11:58 PM
    Finally!!!

A white Passport is in my hand. I really regret not buying this fine specimen a year ago. And I really love it! Could not take my eyes and off it. Hope to contribute more to this community in the future. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-15 07:23 PM
    Finally!!!

A white Passport is in my hand. I really regret not buying this fine specimen a year ago. And I really love it! Could not take my eyes and off it. Hope to contribute more to this community in the future. Cheers.

Posted via CB10
    Awesome! I won't switch phones until they kill me and pry the passport from my cold dead hands!!!

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    12-19-15 10:46 PM
    Go with the Passport!

I have the ATT version and just got the SE yesterday.
    The ATT Passport is up for sale waiting for it to show up in the market place
    12-23-15 08:36 PM