Hi all,

I've upgraded from an 8820 to a Bold on Monday as I had problems with reception on all the 8820's I've had and Orange finally agreed to replace my handset quite timely with a Bold.

I've now been using the handset for just over a couple of days, due to a problem with my new sim. I think it is an excellent handset and have had a much better experience with call quality on this handset and with playing around with it I think BB have done an excellent job. I have yet to download anything partly because I use a Macbook Pro and have yet to find a way to sync devices without going into Vista...

Has anyone with a Bold any problem with the battery life? With just the standard settings in the first 36 hours or so I would have to charge the phone up every 10 hours. I've switched to just 2G now and thiings seem to be ok but I'll be looking to use 3G again at some point. I don't know if there is a way to make sure that the battery doesn't get drained whilst using 3G or if it is because I have a faulty handset as I did hear that the Bold was delayed partly due to a fault with batteries.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Looking forward to exploring not only Bold but Crackberry also
    08-29-08 12:08 PM
    Wow, I have an AT&T Bold and your battery life sounds abysmal. I am getting two solid days of heavy voice and moderate data (connected via BES... so used all day) without a charge.
    11-13-08 02:03 PM
    Wow, I have an AT&T Bold and your battery life sounds abysmal. I am getting two solid days of heavy voice and moderate data (connected via BES... so used all day) without a charge.
    Wow... you are getting awesome battery life. I'm at 75% from an 2 hours 15 mins ago being at 100% with 10 minutes of gps (att nav) and 25 sms.

OP: Battery is an issue for me as well, but that is expected with all 3g devices. At least you have the option to change to 2g only.
    11-15-08 02:52 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry!!
    11-15-08 10:55 AM
    What OS are you running? Some of the older Device OS's really sucked up battery life... ever since I've been on 4.6.0.162 or higher, mu batt life has improved greatly. Options / About ...

You can also lower screen brightness in your screen/keyboard settings 100% is overkill. You can easily get by anywhere between 50 & 80%

Welcome to CB!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-15-08 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD