Completely new! My bb8310 just arrived like 45 mins ago. I can not wait to play with it. So, how long should I charge it before I begin tinkering with it? I would also love to hear of recommendations on apps. I'm basically a "soccer Mom" who went back to college after all the kids started school. I graduate this May and begin my career in medical lab science (yeaaaa Me!) The capabilities I'd like to have are an email addy, web browsing, driving directions would be nice. I'm not a big texter, but I think it's 'cause I sucked at it on my razr. I may be inclined to text more with my curve. My daughter laughs at me because she'll text me and it takes me forever to reply! Yep, I'm technically challenged so get ready for questions that likely have very simple, obvious answers. Hubby has a BB for work, don't know which model, but I'm too impatient to wait for him to help me! TIA and I look forward to becoming a crackhead

Stephanie
    03-14-08 12:17 PM
    Forgot to mention that I'm frugal too! Looking to not spend a fortune but get a lot of bang for the buck!
    03-14-08 12:20 PM
    Needs to charge for at lease 6 hours the first time. BTW you can play with it while it is charging! Have fun! When your thumbs are stiff when you are 50+ blame it on your BB addiction.
    03-14-08 12:21 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    Just take a look around, there's a lot of great info already here, and if you can't find what you're looking for, ask away.
    03-14-08 12:22 PM
    welcome to the forums.

depending on what you want to be able to do with your curve you can search the forums for just about any application there is for the blackberry.

you probably will text much more easily on the curve than the razr....the keyboard is a LOT more friendly...

keep an eye on your memory...
    options>status=file free is your available memory

GET A MEMORY CARD !!!!!!!!

have questions? aske the friendly folks on crackberry.

enjoy the new toy.

-db
    03-14-08 12:27 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    03-14-08 12:29 PM
    Welcome to the forums!
    03-14-08 12:53 PM
    Welcome to CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-14-08 12:54 PM
    03-14-08 01:02 PM
    Welcome to your new home!
    03-14-08 01:04 PM
    Welcome to the Black n Crack!
    03-14-08 01:56 PM
    Welcome Newbie!
    03-14-08 02:20 PM
    Welcome to CB!
    03-14-08 05:19 PM
    Thank you for the welcome everyone! And Petersn1, thanks for the link. I went and got my memory card, added the PDA bundle to my plan, now time to figure this thing out and decide what all I want to do.
    03-14-08 06:13 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry

03-14-08 06:19 PM
    Welcome to CB. As far as apps go get google maps and opera mini
    03-14-08 06:31 PM
    I have had my Curve now for exactly one week now. I have been lurking on here since then but decided to reply to your post for a couple reasons. 1. My name is also Stephanie! And 2. I work as a medical lab tech. I love playing with my new phone but do find work gets in the way unfortunately! So anyways Hi, Stephanie and welcome to wonderful world of Blackberry!
    03-14-08 06:38 PM
    I have had my Curve now for exactly one week now. I have been lurking on here since then but decided to reply to your post for a couple reasons. 1. My name is also Stephanie! And 2. I work as a medical lab tech. I love playing with my new phone but do find work gets in the way unfortunately! So anyways Hi, Stephanie and welcome to wonderful world of Blackberry!
    OK!!!! FREAKY!!!! LOLOL If ya tell me you're a Scorpio......
    I'm doing my clinicals right now and am off all next week for spring break, so I'll be able to play with mine.
    I just got google maps and looks like that will work great for me.
    03-14-08 06:57 PM
    Welcome to CB. You'll love it here.

Google and get Google maps for directions. If you have GMail, you can also download it there. There are a couple of very good programs (free.99) there.

We have similar names. Lol

Stephan.

03-14-08 09:02 PM
    OK!!!! FREAKY!!!! LOLOL If ya tell me you're a Scorpio......
    I'm doing my clinicals right now and am off all next week for spring break, so I'll be able to play with mine.
    I just got google maps and looks like that will work great for me.
    LOL No I am not a Scorpio. I am a Pisces. How are your clinicals going? I hated mine. Just because I didn't get paid and I had to get up so darn early! I love working in the lab though. Of course I have only been doing it for a year now, but I still like it. Thankfully I got snowed in the weekend I got my Curve so I was able to play all weekend.
    03-14-08 10:24 PM
    Hi there! Congratulations on becoming a crackhead. You will learn do much here! I stay at home with my three girls and I'm pregnant with my fourth - a BOY! and I would be lost w/o my BB. You will be hooked before you know it!

03-15-08 12:22 AM
    Welcome to CB !

03-15-08 12:39 AM
    Welcome to CB.
    Google maps is a nice navigation app. I use beyond 411 to find restaurant info, also for hotels etc. You'll be a vet in no time with the help you find here.

03-15-08 01:01 AM
    hi & welcome to CB!
    03-15-08 02:48 AM
    Thanks everyone! Chariot, I like clinicals. It is hard to do 36 hrs a week of 'em without pay!! I don't mind going in early. I leave home at 5:30am, but the day goes pretty fast and I'm heading home before I know it. I just finished my microbiology rotation. I've got chemisty and hematology left. Almost done!!

Congratulations Cable3 on the boy!! I lucked out and my 3rd is a boy. He's 5 yrs old now. Other 2 are girls.....ages 14 and 8.
    03-15-08 07:50 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD