Hey guys, I'm a little new here and got some questions. I just bought a Blackberry Curve 8310 from a friend. I put my old AT&T sim card in it and it works fine (fancy phone, I like it) but I want to reset it so it's as if I just bought it brand new, but want to make sure it'll still work after. I don't feel like bricking this new phone. Also, I would kind of like to keep the 3rd party games he had on them. Anyone know how to do this. If I use the wipe utility, will I need to do some special set up thing, or will I be able to call people right as soon as its done. Basically, can I wipe it, put my sim card back in, and then use it again.

Or do I need to bring it to an AT&T person?
    Last edited by Doragg; 12-06-08 at 05:18 AM.
    12-06-08 04:37 AM
    if u wipe the phone through the wipe setting all i know is that the password is blackberry... from what ive been told... proabbly the best bet would go into at&t and show them what apps u want and what apps u dont want for the third party apps u can push the menu button (left of the track ball) and select delete
    hope this was hepfull
    12-06-08 04:55 PM
    options>advanced options>security>general settings>menu>wipe now

when it asks if you wanna remove 3rd party apps, select no
    12-06-08 04:56 PM
    NICE! benzworm is on it!
    12-06-08 05:01 PM
    12-06-08 05:02 PM
    Thanks guys. Now I got a problem. I cant send texts without some message saying "No message services configured. You will only be able to save draft." How do I fix this, I don't want to send emails I want to send texts"
    12-06-08 05:12 PM
    I think pull batt will solve your problem, anyway welcome to crack
    12-06-08 05:35 PM
    It didn't work. But I can send texts if I click menu> send SMS. Also, will wiping my blackberry make me have to do anything else besides pop my sim card back in and make calls? Do I need to like, reset the phone to AT&T or whatever?

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.
    12-06-08 05:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD