09-24-08 07:42 PM
28 12
tools
    so what ur saying is basically 2 get the bold n i rlly liked but also the others wont be avilable for a while so theres no point in waiting right?
    Basically yes, but with reservations. Only considering BlackBerry

If you must have the latest model and you must have it today, Bold is your only option. The other new models are not ready yet and based on the slippage with Bold they might not even be available for the November/December buying spree. If 'latest' is your only decision factor then stop reading now.

If you want a pocket sized media console replacement for notebook or desktop computer, and the phone and messaging part is a bonus - don't buy Blackberry because you will be disappointed. Blackberry does not compete for the same slice of the market as iPhone and iPod.

You will pay premium price for a Bold because you will have to get it shipped from outside USA, get it unlocked, and its the flagship business model. If you can afford to wait for US release you should get a much better price as a bundle with a service contract.

You're in USA so the 3G network is not as well developed as here in Europe (and it ain't brilliant here). If you have good 3G where you want to use the phone that's fine, but check because there's no point paying for features you can't use. If your 3G/GSM service is weak you might get better performance from a CDMA version of the Curve - if you can live with the embarrassment of having an older model phone. The practical PDA/Phone features are very similar.

The Bold is a big phone, really big compared with most phones. We don't know how big your hands are, but if its too big and not comfortable you might find one of the other models is a better choice without dropping features you need.
    09-24-08 03:01 PM
    On the subject of features I suggest you make a paper list before you start, with 3 columns: Must Have, Must Not Have, and Would be Nice. That way you have your rules of engagement before the sales pressure starts.
    Excellent advice
    09-24-08 06:30 PM
    the bold is coming out early october n ya im gonna wait for it i think
    09-24-08 07:42 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD