First off I love this site!!! I came from a cept p168+(iphone clone) then a shadow to now my beloved curve. I had a few q's about downloading games. I installed the sofware that the phone came with and have no issues transfering movies,shows,vids etc etc onto the phone and watch them. I thought you had to convert them seems like the software does it on it's own? I have no issues loading up music, listening or transfer songs to become a ring tone. My question is how do I download apps? Like games and what not? Every time I click on the application loader I get "Welcome to the application loader wizard" I will click that and then I get another window screen that says "retreving device configuration" and starts downloading and next to a check mark I get "read java device application" the one below it says "read device system configuration" it always chooses the first one automatically.

After that I get another screen that pops up and says" The blackberry desktop software does not have blackberry device software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact yourwireless service provider or system administartor"

So what do I do? I wanna download games ansd what not but have no clue. Also As far as apps goes like weather and stuff like that do I need to have some type of plan from tmobile or is that free? Thanks guys.

Shant
    10-27-08 10:29 PM
    Do you have any apps for your BB on your computer yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-08 10:34 PM
    None yet I guess I need to download some first?
    10-27-08 10:39 PM
    I would try that first. The desktop software is designed to search for apps, updates, etc for your blackberry automatically.

10-27-08 10:42 PM
    I usually get 2 choices if I download which do I choose? Jad or Jar? After I click on it to download I get a choice to save or find a file since it doesn't download so what do I do about that? I can save it to my desktop and after I save it I have to open it and it says windows cannot open this file because it needs to know what program I want to open it up with. I get a selection of either choosing from the web or select a program from a list of programs?? Lost like a leaf in the wind
    Last edited by Chicago1; 10-27-08 at 10:53 PM.
    10-27-08 10:47 PM
    I believe its the .jar you need. As far as the weather apps go you should have a data plan already so that should cover your usage, unless the app itself specifies a monthly subscription.

10-27-08 10:55 PM
    No data plan yet since I came from a shadow and you are correct about needing to download the games and what not first and it was jar. I just got pacman on there!!! Thank you so much for your help!!!
    10-27-08 11:08 PM
    Welcome aboard!

10-27-08 11:41 PM
    You should be downloading .jad from your device and .jar from the PC.

Follow this since you do not have data...

Installing Games on the Blackberry Curve

It works for apps as well.
    10-28-08 02:52 AM
    No problem. Might I suggest getting data? Not sure how tmobil works but if their casual data charges are anything like sprints your bill will be sky high before too long. :wink:

10-28-08 06:28 AM
    Get the data plan....its only 20 bucks for unlimited usage. Just make sure to get the BB plan.
    10-28-08 06:32 AM
    BTW, welcome to the CB family! Enjoy your stay! One-stop-shopping for all your questions. :-)
    10-28-08 10:35 PM
    When I click to download a game it ask me to open,save, or cancel. Which one do I choose? I have tried both and it keeps asking me to choose a application to open with it? Now what?
    10-28-08 10:36 PM
    When I click to download a game it ask me to open,save, or cancel. Which one do I choose? I have tried both and it keeps asking me to choose a application to open with it? Now what?
    What site are you trying to download from?
    11-01-08 05:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD