Hello from Italy!

I just got my Blackberry Passport Silver Edition yesterday so I thought to join this community.
    It's my first blackberry ever. It's fantastic... I love the wide screen, the keypad, the steel frame. Holding it in my hands alone is a pleasure, as well as reading and typing.

I'm still learning how to use it but the operating system is not that bad or obsolete as many people say. It's actually pretty fluid and enjoyable.
    I think I have tried everything except the most important feature basically, phone calls, because I need to convert my microsim card to a nano one.

I also installed the Google Play Store and I'm taking all the applications I need but I'm having issues with some other applications so I want to understand why they don't work.

Next thing I'll be searching how to customize the home screen and the clock widget. Quick links to guides are appreciated.

See you on the forum
    06-13-16 12:19 PM
    Welcome aboard!
    06-13-16 01:23 PM
    Welcome to the Berry World. Hope you'll enjoy your time here.
    As for some of your Android apps that seem not to work, yes it has been observed. Some won't work because the apps are being updated to work with 4.4 kitkat but the android runtime on BB10 is stuck at 4.3
    So unless we get an updated runtime, some of the android apps we want won't work.
    Aside this fact, not all android apps actually work on BB10 irrespective of the runtime.

Once again, welcome on board.

Z30
    Maimone likes this.
    06-13-16 01:29 PM
    Hi,

You're welcome to the BlackBerry family
    06-13-16 02:25 PM
    Hello!! Welcome the Crackberry.
    06-13-16 04:06 PM
    Thanks everyone. I actually didn't want to install the play store with these 3 files because I wanted a complete BlackBerry experience with bb os. Installing all the android applications is like making a clone of my other android device and at that point I could just use that one.

I admit it's not always so straightforward but it's not necessarily worse than the other systems. It's different and unique. I find Chrome easier for example (which runs a bit slow) but the bb browser has got the flash player and I was very happy when I discovered this.
    06-13-16 05:48 PM