At least, I think I need help.

New BB Pearl, I was setting up DM last night on my laptop. I ran the application loader, and I decided to remove all of the foreign language support from my BB. (Just another monolinguistic American, what can ya do)

When the phone rebooted, the internet browser icons were gone.

I can send and receive email, vm, SMS text without any problem. No internet browser that I can see.

I am on Cingular/AT&T, have made no other changes to the phone other than load a few pics on the media card (which I did after the browsers started playing Hide and Seek) and I have the unlimited media packages.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.
    04-19-07 02:29 PM
    Welcome.....

I think you could try to resend yuour Service Books. However if you hold ALT & ESC (Back Button) it will bring up the "Applications Bar" , scroll across to see if you can see it there. Also try do a Battery Pull after having tried the other option. That may also resolve the issues

Hope this helps
    04-19-07 03:08 PM
    Welcome.....

I think you could try to resend yuour Service Books. However if you hold ALT & ESC (Back Button) it will bring up the "Applications Bar" , scroll across to see if you can see it there. Also try do a Battery Pull after having tried the other option. That may also resolve the issues

Hope this helps
    I definitely have done the battery pull/hard reset, that took place when I put the micro sd in last night. I'm amazed at how small the technology is getting, but it sure makes a young guy feel old when I fumble with it for almost 10 minutes trying to get it locked down.

How do I resend the Service Books? Did I mention this is my first RIM device ever? How much did I just expose my newbieness?
    04-19-07 03:37 PM
    Who is your service provider? You can ususally resend the service books through your carriers BIS website.

Also, try going to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > click the menu button and select Register Now
    04-19-07 05:37 PM
    I am on AT&T/Cingular. Thanks for the help. I figured out what "resend the service books" was just before I came back in here.

I have done a batter pull after resending the books. I did the resend from my laptop, not my bb. Unhid all the apps at the main menu. Still nothing.

However, when I did the reboot from the battery pull, an error message popped up. "Uncaught exception: ApplicationRegistry.waitFor (0xac3ae76427d17f19) timeout" It then asks me to click "OK" and continues on to the main screen. I can repeat this error each time I do a battery pull.
    04-19-07 06:46 PM
    Well, took the phone back to the Cingular store, SR tried a couple of things, his manager looked at a couple of things, we all did a collective head scratch, and now I have a new phone. They were very helpful, extremely courteous, and I am pleased with the resolution so far.

On the bad side, I had just about finished editing all of my contacts from the copy down from the SIM card.

On the good side, I'm a heck of a lot more familiar with this phone now, so this time around setting up is a snap and almost fun. Already loaded Opera OTA with no hassles.

For those of you having the same issues I was, (no browser app) I would take it back to the store, if you haven't already.
    04-20-07 02:32 PM
    DON'T connect it to your pc / desktop manager and run the application loader again! Unless you do a backup first.

This must be the third of fourth one of these I've seen where they just got the device, and was told to install DM, connect it to a pc, and run the application loader...

I don't understand why people are being told this...
    04-20-07 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD