I'm not sure if this is where I should be posing this question, but I have a Blackberry Curve 8300 and it is currently synched up to POP my work emails to my phone. The problem is, when I reply to messages that are sent internally in my company, the return or "From:" address is displayed in a very strange manner. Here's an example: "From: SRS0=QXZ7z7=2W=my company.com=my name@srs.bis.na.blackberry.com on behalf of my name [my work email address]."

This only seems to apply when I reply from my Blackberry to messages that are sent internally from people within my company. If I reply to an email sent from someone at work using my Gmail account which is also synched to my Blackberry, the return address looks normal, i.e. From: my name (my email address). There isn't all that SRS0=QXZ7z7=2W=my company.com=my name@srs.bis.na.blackberry.com business.

Does anyone know what I have to do to prevent my return address from being displayed in that annoying manner?

Thank you so much!
    10-14-08 01:23 PM
    Sounds like a signature issue from BIS. Check out this Blackberry 101 lesson: BlackBerry 101: Lecture 11: BIS Email Basics | CrackBerry.com
    10-14-08 02:12 PM
    Actually, it's not my email signature that's the problem, it's the way my email address is listed when I reply to messages sent from my work account. I don't use BES so the account is BIS that's popping from my web Outlook.

Instead of seeing this in the email headers, "From: Tom Smith ([email protected])" the recipients see, "From: [email protected] .blackberry.com on Behalf of Tom Smith [[email protected]].

I'm just trying to figure out how to get my outgoing email messages to not have all those extraneous characters listed in the From section. Hope this makes sense...
    10-14-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD