08-05-08 02:11 PM
49 12
tools
    If you type a lot, switch to the blackberry before it is too late! Haha, seriously though, I am addicted to the pearl keyboard (like it even better than the curve). As a software developer for cellphones, I have a pearl(mine), an iPhone, a Curve, and the unreleased touchscreen phone I am working on in my office. I pretty much hate typing on a touchscreen because you can't rest your fingers on it while typing, you have to constantly hover above the screen, and after doing that for a few hours my thumbs are tired.

Sooo, everything else aside, if you type a lot, go with a real keyboard.
    07-18-08 08:03 PM
    Yeah, I think I will be taking the Curve plunge, but now I just have to wait until my Verizon "friend" comes back from vacation. I just sent her a text message yesterday to find out when she'd be back... freakin' July 29th!!! Damnit! But, I really want her to have my business, so I suppose I'll be waiting. Oh, well.

CC
    07-19-08 10:54 AM
    He likes it alot. He doesn't need what a BB can offer (doesn't care about email, etc), so it works well for him.

Definately an upgrade....he was using a razor
    Erin,
    Welcome!

Regarding the above, it's the same situation I'm in. My wwwwife (still getting used to saying it since 5/17) has a v3m and is eligible for new every two. She wants something with a keyboard but doesn't need bb functionality. voyager a good choice?
    07-19-08 12:01 PM

Not to hijack CC's thread, but yes, if she doesn't need the email, calendar, etc that a bb offers, the voyager is a good phone. The touchscreen did get on my nerves though with constantly being dirty. The env2 looks like a good choice as well, without TV and a touchscreen.

Thanks for the welcome!

Erin
    07-19-08 12:06 PM
    Thanks for the response Erin. I think I'll check into both. I can see the touchscreen getting on her nerves too.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 12:52 PM
    I have an 8330 on Sprint. When they finally got it had to have it so I ditched my Centro for it. I've only had it a short time but I must say I was impressed by how easy everything was to set up. It only took me a few minutes to set up 4 email accounts and I was getting email on my berry before they hit outlook. All of my appointments and contacts synched over seamlessly. It's the best experience I've had with a smartphone to date, just having everything work the way it should.
    07-20-08 11:26 AM
    You can download google maps at no cost and easy to use
    07-21-08 03:41 PM
    Welcome to CB - the info only gets better when you have one
    07-21-08 04:09 PM
    Yes, inkwell... I certainly agree with you. Even though, I'm still not a BB owner, I can't help but still want to come on here everyday and read what everyone else is posting. It's great being able to read up on products so that way I won't be so blind-sided when taking the plunge myself, ya know?

CC
    07-21-08 04:14 PM
    Well, tomorrow should finally be the day that I acquire my 8330 Curve since my Verizon contact is coming back from vacation. Anyone out there wanna try and talk me out of it? That would be interesting.

CC
    07-28-08 01:54 PM
    Well, just wanted to let everyone know that I finally traded in my LG Dare yesterday and picked up the 8330 Curve from Verizon yesterday.

So, tell me if I'm "addicted," or not... I work 'til 4:30pm each day, but today I didn't go in until 2:00pm. Is that what I have to get used to? I have a feeling my gf's going to hate me.

So, thanks again to everyone for their advice. I'm in the fine-tuning stages right now.

CC
    07-30-08 05:04 PM
    Take the plunge!!! The curve is awesome!!!
    07-30-08 05:33 PM
    So, this will be my first post from my newly acquired 8330 Curve and, I must say, I'm enjoying everything so far that the BB has to offer.

08-02-08 01:27 PM
    Hi - congrats on making the switch! Welcome to the world of BB!
    08-02-08 04:34 PM
    Well, just wanted to let everyone know that I finally traded in my LG Dare yesterday and picked up the 8330 Curve from Verizon yesterday.

So, tell me if I'm "addicted," or not... I work 'til 4:30pm each day, but today I didn't go in until 2:00pm. Is that what I have to get used to? I have a feeling my gf's going to hate me.

So, thanks again to everyone for their advice. I'm in the fine-tuning stages right now.

CC
    Excellent choice.

I went from the Dare >> Peal >> Curve. I'm done now! Perfectly in love w/ the Curve.

Yeah to say it's addictive is an understatement to say the least. I can't remember how I lived day-to-day with a "regular phone". Guess that was B.BB (before BlackBerry).

Enjoy your Curve! Oh and you should get your girlfriend one too, that way she can understand and share the addiction with you. My husband is getting the Curve next week, upgrading from the Pearl. He finally understands my obsession now!
    08-03-08 12:51 AM
    Excellent choice.

I went from the Dare >> Peal >> Curve. I'm done now! Perfectly in love w/ the Curve.

Yeah to say it's addictive is an understatement to say the least. I can't remember how I lived day-to-day with a "regular phone". Guess that was B.BB (before BlackBerry).

Enjoy your Curve! Oh and you should get your girlfriend one too, that way she can understand and share the addiction with you. My husband is getting the Curve next week, upgrading from the Pearl. He finally understands my obsession now!
    Yes, Eden... I believe that I'm finally content now that I have the Curve. I'm not so sure I could've ever handled the Pearl, though. Did your husband take over your Pearl when you switched to the Curve? If so, what was he using before the Pearl?

And I'll have to work on the girlfriend about that. I'm not sure how she would handle a BB. Right now, she has an LG flip-phone that stands up to her "abuse," so maybe the Kickstart would be something for her down the line? This past weekend was our first weekend together with my new Curve... all three of us made a cute "couple" out and about.

CC
    08-04-08 02:56 PM
    lol...
    im in the same mix.
    I got the dare 2-3 weeks ago, but now i want to go to a bb.
    Was contimplating before i got the dare.
    now i really want a bb.

need to get to the store!
    08-04-08 04:41 PM
    Cool. Glad to see someone in the same boat I was in. I liked the Dare... a lot, but it just felt like something was missing the whole time, plus my 30 days were coming to an end. The Dare's camera is amazing, but I don't regret trading for the Curve one bit.
    CC

08-04-08 06:35 PM
    Ya i like it too..
    Just...sometimes txting is a hassle on it.
    Like on aim is lagged bad.

And yes the camera is AMAZING....

How is the camera on the bb?
    08-04-08 06:55 PM
    Ya i like it too..
    Just...sometimes txting is a hassle on it.
    Like on aim is lagged bad.

And yes the camera is AMAZING....

How is the camera on the bb?
    Ehh, the camera on the Curve is so-so. It's nothing amazing, but there are a couple of good threads on the forums of great photos that people have taken with their BBs. It's 2 megapixel, which is a step-up from the 1.3 that I had on my previous Nokia, but not the 3.2 that the Dare has. Then again, the BB isn't really focused as being a "multimedia" phone, which the Dare is so you really can't compare the two. On my BB, it's a bit slow to save the pics to the 8GB memory card that I have in the phone, but other than that, it's decent enough to take the photos most people want out of a phone's camera.

CC
    08-05-08 12:12 AM
    Yes, Eden... I believe that I'm finally content now that I have the Curve. I'm not so sure I could've ever handled the Pearl, though. Did your husband take over your Pearl when you switched to the Curve? If so, what was he using before the Pearl?
    No, we both got Pearls to begin with, I traded mine in last week for the Curve, and he traded in his Pearl over the phone with VZW. His Curve should be here tomorrow via FedEx!!!

Before he got the Pearl, he was just a regular plain old cellphone guy! I've always been the phone geek, but after he saw the BB, he was hooked. He's going to be even more hooked when he gets his Curve tomorrow!
    Here's his into post:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/new...er-here-55908/

And I'll have to work on the girlfriend about that. I'm not sure how she would handle a BB. Right now, she has an LG flip-phone that stands up to her "abuse," so maybe the Kickstart would be something for her down the line? This past weekend was our first weekend together with my new Curve... all three of us made a cute "couple" out and about.

CC
    Aww yeah, it's so funny how we look at our BB now as part of us! I can't remember how to function without my BB, lol. And yeah, that would be heartbreaking to see a BB get abused, but you never know - if she gets a BB, she might love it so much that she'll care for it like her firstborn! That's the way my husband was, he never really was overprotective of his cell phones before the BB, but now, he's super careful with it, and obsessed with it just like I am with mine. Let her play around on your Curve, and see how she does with it!

We love instant messaging with the BB messenger all day. And you know your GF would love that! Any girl would, I think!
    08-05-08 12:29 AM
    Well I just got mine.
    Seems like I got a ton of things to do on it before its how I want it.
    I dont know where to start though.
    08-05-08 12:42 AM
    Welcome to the addiction. I don't know how I ever survived before I got my "Bebe" as I call her. (Yes, she's a "her"). How did I live before BB Messenger? lol My boss would like me to go back to my "pre Bebe" life, as Messenger and Brickbreaker seem to have taken over my soul. Hey, as long as my patients are happy and the work gets done, it's all good....right? OH. And Brickbreaker? Cheats.
    08-05-08 01:28 AM
    Well I just got mine.
    Seems like I got a ton of things to do on it before its how I want it.
    I dont know where to start though.
    Yeah, I think that's part of the whole fun about owning a BB... Customizing it for your personal needs. Enjoy!

CC

08-05-08 02:11 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD