Hello to all BB owners! I'm really new to the site... been lurking for about a week or so, but I'm loving all the info I've been reading. And no, I'm not currently a BB owner... but, I'm right on the cusp of becoming one. I just recently switched back over to Verizon from T-Mobile so that I could pick up the LG Dare, but, as great as I find some of the features on that phone to be, I just feel like I'm lacking something with it. Anyway, so I've been eyeing the 8330 Curve now. Still not sure if I'll make the switch, or not, but I enjoy playing with the Curve when I'm in the store. Anyone care to help push me over the edge? I mean... all the talk I see about "battery pull" seems a bit silly, too, right?

Oh, but one question, please? I'm not sure how I did it, but my home laptop PC screen shows the forums as the wapforums now... and I'm not sure how I ever did that, but I'd like to know how to get it back to PC normal, if anyone knows? Thanks.

CC
    07-17-08 06:50 AM
    Hello and welcome! You will love this site! And you will love the Curve also.

Battery pulls are like cleaning the bathroom. You gotta do it! It really is painless.
    07-17-08 07:06 AM

Oh, but one question, please? I'm not sure how I did it, but my home laptop PC screen shows the forums as the wapforums now... and I'm not sure how I ever did that, but I'd like to know how to get it back to PC normal, if anyone knows? Thanks.

CC
    Click on "My Account" (top right). Go to "Modify your Crackberry.com Forum Settings." Then at the bottom left, make sure it is on "Defalut Style."
    07-17-08 07:09 AM
    Cool, thank you 49ways for the Forum settings help.

CC
    07-17-08 07:12 AM
    Cool, thank you 49ways for the Forum settings help.

CC
    No problem. Enjoy the site!
    07-17-08 07:13 AM
    Welcome. I am having a lot of fun with my Curve. I don't know how I got along without it.
    07-17-08 08:52 AM
    welcome to CB! Take the plunge - you won't regret it!!
    07-17-08 08:55 AM
    Well, I'm glad to hear some positive "pushings" from the users on here. Honestly, from what I've been reading, these forums seem to have some of the nicest users I've ever come across on the Internet... so, kudos to that!

CC
    07-17-08 09:41 AM
    So, does anyone have the 8330 Curve on Verizon? I'm disturbed that the VZ Navigator isn't upgradable to the 4.1 version that's now available. Does anyone have any insight to why this is... is it Verizon or RIM that controls something like that?

CC
    07-17-08 09:42 AM
    Welcome noob. Enjoy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 09:55 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    07-17-08 09:56 AM
    So, does anyone have the 8330 Curve on Verizon? I'm disturbed that the VZ Navigator isn't upgradable to the 4.1 version that's now available. Does anyone have any insight to why this is... is it Verizon or RIM that controls something like that?

CC
    I can't speak for Verizon. You might want to try posting this question in the Verizon Forum.
    07-17-08 09:58 AM
    I'm already seeing Tennessee and Georgia represented in my thread. Hahahaha! I'm originally from northwest GA, right below Chattanooga, TN, which is where I spent all my time at.

CC
    07-17-08 11:09 AM
    Welcome to CB. You will totally dig the Curve
    07-17-08 11:11 AM
    I have the 8330 with sprint. I have had it for over a month and have never had to pull the battery for anything. I do however reboot it by alt+right shift+del once a week to free up temp memory usage. I regain about 10MB. I think you will like owning one if you like your experience in the store. Plus you always have to 30 day return policy as a fall back just in case you change your mind. To get the most out of the BB though you will want a data package. I know with sprint they have plans and packages that include everything you can do on BB in them.

07-17-08 06:14 PM
    Welcome to crackberry. You're gonna love. I have the 8330 w/verizon and I love it. The gps thingy sucks but you can't win them all. Try the curve. You have 30 days to play with it with nothing to loose. Give it a try.

07-17-08 06:38 PM
    Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately, when I switched back over to Verizon, I went with the LG Dare. So, my 30 days is with the LG Dare, and you're only allowed to make the phone switch one time. So, if I make the switch over to the 8330 Curve, then I'll be stuck with that one. I actually went to visit my Verizon "friend" tonight at work at a kiosk in Circuit City, but she got swamped with customers, so I wasn't able to make the switch. Then, she starts a vacation tomorrow, and I'm not sure when she comes back, so it looks like I'll be waiting a bit longer. Oh, well.

CC
    07-17-08 07:03 PM
    No problem. Enjoy the site!

49ways,
    Just wanted to thank you again for pointing me in the right direction to fixing the look of the forums on my laptop at home.

CC
    07-17-08 08:24 PM
    I love my curve! here is the single greatest reason why to get a blackberry 8330. Full qwerty keyboard. If you text at all you will love the keyboard, it makes texing amazing.

Also, full html internet is like having a computer in the palm of your hand. From what i know about verizon and lg phones (i've had both until may for over 5 years) the internet is garbage, its the mobile web 2.0. I absolutely love being able to read the sports and the news and get on facebook check my myspace, pay my bills, and watch youtube off of my phone when i'm bored in class or waiting to take some pictures. It really is the only way to pass the time. Its absolutely amazing!
    07-17-08 08:38 PM
    If you buy the phone from a retail store you shouldn't be limited on returns or exchanges. If getting the hpone from the carrier limits you then their just silly because in essence they are a retail store and I don't lnow of any retail store that limits the number of returns or exchanges as long as it is in the return/exchange policy time limit. I'd get the BB from a retail store or another retail store if where you got the other phone from won't let you return more than one phone.

07-18-08 03:55 AM
    here is the single greatest reason why to get a blackberry 8330. Full qwerty keyboard.
    Well, the LG Dare that I just picked up does have the full touch-screen qwerty keyboard when the phone is turned on its side. Much like the iPhone, the LG Dare has an accelerometer that switches viewing modes depending on how the phone is held. I've been playing with the 8330 Curve quite a bit in the store, though, and I don't think I'd have too much trouble picking up on the Curve's keyboard. But, how do you people text while driving?

Also, full html internet is like having a computer in the palm of your hand. From what i know about verizon and lg phones (i've had both until may for over 5 years) the internet is garbage, its the mobile web 2.0.
    The LG Dare also does have a fairly decent html browser, as well. It's not the mobile 2.0 crap that is on some of the other phones. I've done many-a web browsing on it with no problems.

CC
    07-18-08 01:02 PM
    Alas, the only shortcoming that I've experienced with my LG Dare so far is the lack of organization.

I know the Dare is marketed as a "multimedia" phone, but I was still hoping that I could create folders for my pictures like I could on my previous Nokia.

Also, I'm disturbed by the fact that I can't add an address or a birthdate to my contacts. That's just silly, I think.

It's kind of silly that these little things bother me, but they do, and I know that the 8330 Curve excels in organization and the such. However the Curve also isn't able to support all the stupid little VCast videos that have kinda grown on me, plus I really enjoy the updated version of VZ Navigator that the Curve doesn't yet support.

Any thoughts now? Thanks.

CC
    07-18-08 01:08 PM
    CC,

I came from the Voyager to a Curve, and in my estimation, there is no comparison. The Voyager is marketed as a "multimedia" phone as well, and I also found myself frustrated with the lack of organization abilities also. I liked the TV (but didn't use it all that much), and I found the touchscreen to be more of a pain in the **** than it was worth. Too much cleaning/streaking. Always looked like crap.

I think you'll love the curve.

BTW - hubby inherited the Voyager (hubby always gets my hand me down technology )
    07-18-08 05:02 PM
    Thanks for your input, Erin. I'm pretty sure at this point that I want to make my exchange for the 8330 Curve while I'm still in my 30 days. Now, I just need to wait until my Verizon "friend" comes back from vacation. She just started it today, though. Oh, well. I'll be all set soon enough, I'm sure.

CC

By they way, how's your husband enjoying the Voyager? Was it a step-up from the last phone he was using?
    07-18-08 05:50 PM
    He likes it alot. He doesn't need what a BB can offer (doesn't care about email, etc), so it works well for him.

Definately an upgrade....he was using a razor
    07-18-08 06:02 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD