So I got my first BB a month ago and I really like it. I have two emails I connect with Yahoo and GMail. GMail works fine via thier custom app. I connected to yahoo by putting my email address into At&t's BIS server. This worked fine for the first two weeks, then syncing stopped. Emails would get to my phone but they wouldn't sync completely. Deleting from Yahoo web or marking as read from the web wouldn't sync with the phone. If I delete or read from the phone it syncs with the web app fine. Odd.

Any ideas and thanks?
    06-25-07 09:05 AM
    That's just the way it works. One way sync only, from phone to web. You'd have to get on a BES if you want true 2-way sync.
    06-25-07 09:22 AM
    Since this is the newbie form, I can ask dumb follow up questions.

What are my options to get a BES server? I guess at&t does not provide one. Do I have to buy and host this myself?
    06-25-07 10:13 AM
    There are several webites that host BES, but it can be costly. I'd make sure that is something you are really interested in and need before you jump through that hoop. Do a Google search for "hosted BES" and you should come up with several sites.

You can also get BES Express for free from BlackBerry if you are capable of running your own server.
    06-25-07 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD