OK, so I have Tmo and an 8800. My email is through msn.com
    Why on God's green earth can I not get my freakin' emails to reconcile?!
    I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with tmobile and RIM trying to figure this one out and nobody can seem to help me. First I heard its because I'm not using an enterprise email system but then this last tech said no, it should work. Bottom line, I go in to my PC and delete emails and file them, etc etc. Do I ALWAYS have to go back into my BB and delete them again (and do twice the friggin work?!) or stay stuck with them on there forever. Its driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-30-07 12:43 AM
    Unfortunately, without being on the enterprise system, you will not have two-way reconcile like you want it. You may be able to get it from your BB back to your PC, but it will not work from your PC to your BB without being on BES. Sorry.
    10-30-07 09:47 AM
    I called Tmo again and the tech I spoke today said that msn email does not run on IMAP or POP, its another kind that is not supported by blackberry at all and that msn/hotmail emails didn't used to show up on BB's at all. Has anyone ever heard of this before?! Sounds to me like I get a dif answer every time I speak to someone (surprise surprise). She said other providers like yahoo and gmail work both ways with reconciliation. Geez, I think i'm stating to miss my MDA.............
    10-30-07 08:39 PM
    MSN & Hotmail IS NOT POP3 / IMAP, it's a http type protocol.
    10-30-07 08:48 PM
    which isn't supported by blackberry?
    10-30-07 09:12 PM
    Well, let's not 'quite' say that. You CAN receive Hotmail and MSN emails on your BlackBerry. But, two things have to be in place, either you're paying for the service, i.e. the Plus feature, or if you've had your Hotmail account BEFORE 2000...

If not, it will not work; albeit the reconcile might still be an issue...
    10-31-07 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD