Hello All,

I am new to Blackberry, just got a 8100 Pearl. The problem is the phone keep detecting "edge" in lowercase, but my SIM Card is now only registered for "GPRS". Why is it so? I put my SIM into a Windows Mobile, GPRS work great.

Please help.

Mine is a T-Mobile unit.

Help is appreciated.
    04-15-07 10:38 PM
    Hello All,

I am new to Blackberry, just got a 8100 Pearl. The problem is the phone keep detecting "edge" in lowercase, but my SIM Card is now only registered for "GPRS". Why is it so? I put my SIM into a Windows Mobile, GPRS work great.

Please help.

Mine is a T-Mobile unit.

Help is appreciated.
    Welcome and i hope you enjoy your stay.

Secondly to your question - If you have registered your SIM for BB Data Plan, when did you do it - it can take upto 24hrs. Alternatively, have you taken your battery out for 30 secs (atleast) - its the same as a reboot and might get rid of the bug?

I am not on TMobile so wont comment to much, but there are other users here using the service and might have the answer
    04-16-07 01:04 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.com!

Like Tmag said, just want to confirm you have a BB data plan, and secondly where are you located?
    04-16-07 10:03 AM
    My BB Plan is not activated yet, it only can be done next week. I thought without a BB Plan, GPRS will work as well, guess I am wrong.

Looking through the Firmware of the unit, it has something like 4.2 (EDGE) version. So I guess this unit can only do EDGE data instead of GPRS data.

Uh...I am trying to download the BB Desktop 4.2 and seems like the BB website only have the Device Manager 4.2. Try 4.1 and it took forever to download the software. Anyone know there is a mirror link to their software, BB website is too slow.
    04-17-07 12:28 AM
    Yep, no data until you get the BB Data Plan activated.

It is an EDGE capable device as long as you have EDGE service in your area.

As far as a mirror site, I don't know of any.. but you don't want Device Manager, you want Desktop Manager and you can get it here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
    04-17-07 12:39 AM
    you can use GPRS services without having BB services.just enter APN of your service provider (works only on third party browsers like opera mini)
    01-19-13 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD