Okay, so this is probably my fault as I have been messing around trying to find a way to fix my email problem. I use Gmail and the initial problem was that i kept having all my emails forwarded to my bb, when i only wanted the ones in my inbox to be forwarded. I use filters and labels on my gmail so my newsletters and stuff like that are automatically archived and skip the inbox, and it was getting annoying to get them on my bb.

Anyway, after not finding a solution, I removed my gmail account from my bb and started using the gmail app. But there was too much delay. So then i figured I'd go back to using gmail, just set up all my filters again on my BIS page. So I did that and now I've stopped receiving emails.

Can anyone look through all this and give me an idea of where I went wrong?
    10-30-08 11:42 AM
    I use Gmail also, filters etc. BIS filters too. While in your BIS page, did you re-send yourself the Service books?
    10-30-08 11:48 AM
    no. no idea what service books are to be honest
    10-30-08 11:51 AM
    wait i just did it right now and i figured out that i did actually send it last night
    10-30-08 11:53 AM
    Maybe... go to your folder "Set Up" / Set Up wizard / Email Set-up.

I'm sure there will be other things you can try, some folks will hopefully chime in on this real soon.
    10-30-08 11:56 AM
    Run through the email BIS setup on the device, did it say gmail was added successfully?
    10-30-08 01:01 PM
    yea. i sent the service books twice and still nothing
    10-30-08 01:09 PM
    You sent a test email and never recieved it?
    10-30-08 01:11 PM
    I've gotta run... but just in case you've tried everything with no luck, feel you've messed up your phone, then keep this information handy... :~|

Start A-New.

Back everything up and do a device wipe on your phone...

or

Make sure you have the latest official OS for your phone installed and:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

If you really want to start fresh... Then do this after you've done your back-ups and before you move on to re-install.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

Good luck with solving this before you go to al this trouble.
    10-30-08 01:22 PM
    You sent a test email and never recieved it?
    yep. several. i can send emails from my blackberry, but cant receive them. i just deleted my filters, resent the service books, and sent myself some emails and still nothing.

btw, thanks for the help pvt, appreciate it.
    10-30-08 01:44 PM
    If you are able to send from your gmail address but are not recieving incoming mail to it, it must be a filter. Check your BIS again AND your actually gmail account for any filters. Maybe you unintentionally set a filter for ALL incoming mail? Otherwise, this is over my head and I would suggest calling Rogers for tech support. Sorry.
    10-30-08 01:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD