Hi everyone, another newbie here. I used to have a treo and now I'm trying to make the switch. But there one thing bugging me... The palm software was great, it had all your contacts, calendar, to do, etc.. in it's own application. You just sync'd the treo to it. I could manage contacts and calendar changes on my computer in the treo application! I'm not liking the outlook address book sync with BB, I don't use outlook. And my calendar is now on google. I see how people are using the google sync, but that's not going to work for me, cuz I don't have a data plan on my BB. I wanted to use my BB for an organizer that sync'd with my computer. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
    10-07-08 10:21 AM
    The Blackberry syncs perfectly with Outlook. It doesn't have any native PIM desktop like the Palm has, because it's intended to sync to Outlook. I'd encourage you to reconsider your decision to not use Outlook. In my opinion, it's the best solution.
    10-07-08 11:13 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The absence of a data plan means you will not be able to sync with Google's calender.

The best solution I think of, install the free Outlook Express program and download your calender to your computer. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and sync to Outlook Express. Upload that calender to Google.

Outlook Express is was included with Internet Explorer prior to v7.0 and Windows XP. It can be downloaded directly from Windows Support.
    10-07-08 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD