I've used my Blackberry Pearl for several years(7100 I think...can't find model number inside unit or on box...) and love it.

Often the CAP italic appears in the upper right hand corner of the screen and won't go away. Somehow I've managed to get it to go away in the past...but not this time..?!

I've done the Battery out for 30 sec. I've tried mashing combinations of buttons to no avail.

Any help welcome!!!
    10-23-08 03:25 PM
    Is it the 7100 or the 8100? Options > About
    10-23-08 03:43 PM
    Having the same problem, with an 8130. Also, my predictive text went away, now I have to hit the key twice for the second letter (ie- hit 1 twice for 'r'). Do not know what I could have done- did not intentionally change these settings...

TIA for any help you can provide...
    11-02-08 10:46 PM
    This would be the 8100. Try hitting the alt key.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 11:11 PM
    Having the same problem, with an 8130. Also, my predictive text went away, now I have to hit the key twice for the second letter (ie- hit 1 twice for 'r'). Do not know what I could have done- did not intentionally change these settings...

TIA for any help you can provide...
    go into messages and compose an email
    hit the menu button and hit enable suretype then you can close the email
    11-02-08 11:17 PM
    So, I tried all of these suggestions and nothing worked. I did a google search and found something that did. I had to go into Options-->Language and change the input language to English (US)- it was set to English Multitap for some reason. This solved both problems- the caps lock is no longer on, and my predictive text is back. I have no idea how it became set that way, but it worked!
    11-03-08 11:35 AM
    Glad you found what you needed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-08 01:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD