Well, I got my BB Curve from Verizon almost a month ago but I just found time to install my desktop manager. I also downloaded the media sync so I could sync my BB with my iTunes. UNFORTUNATLEY, neither will work. The desktop manager recognizes my BB but when I try to open Roxio, it says there's an error and it needs to close. I tried restarting the computer and trying again, but still the same problem. Also, I made sure I had all the requirements for the sync. That too recognizes my BB but it won't let me transfer any of my songs. It says there's some type of error too!!! I give up!!!! I need help!!!! And another problem....I wanted to get the new OS for Verizon on my BB. I'm pretty sure I downloaded it to my computer correctly but now I don't know how to get it from the computer to the phone. And one more thing....(lol) I wanted to download AIM to my BB but everytime I'm on the website, it says its too big and it needs to close. What am I doing wrong??? I need some serious BB help!!! Thanks in advance!!

--Caitlin
    11-15-08 11:13 AM
    Personally I never use Roxio I just drag songs onto my mem card but that's just me. You might try that and see if you like doing it that way.
    11-15-08 11:23 AM
    This may seem like a dumb question, but how do I do that? Thanks!
    11-15-08 11:27 AM
    Connect Blackberry, go into Windows Explorer, copy and paste music files into Blackberry's Music folder. Just make sure the music files are MP3; the BB can't play songs purchased from the iTunes Music Store, because songs are have DRM and will only play on the iPod and iTunes. In the future, if you're loking to buy non-DRM'd songs that will play on both the Blackberry and iPod, I'd suggest Amazon.com MP3 Downloads: Free music, bestselling songs from $.89, most albums $8.99 or lower. Compatible with MP3 players, including the iPod.; that's what I use at least.
    11-15-08 12:28 PM
    I guess try to remove Desktop Manager / restart and then reinstall.

If you have the new device OS, then make sure you have uninstalled any previous device OS from you PC via add/remove programs.

and then maybe this will help: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

Hope this helps

Welcome to CB!

Take advantage of the very helpful BB 101. BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com . Also the powerfull search engine to dig through this bottomless pit of Crackberry knowledge for stuff already answered. Post on those existing threads or post a new one if need be. Many folks here happy to help. Some searching tips... Go To: Search Forums / Advanced Search / Key word search / search by title / "pick a key word" that comes to mind and you might stumble upon some answers and/or clues. Or search by Post content...

No worries Intervention is not in our vocabulary here, enjoy your addiction to the fullest.
    11-15-08 12:57 PM
    It took me all day, but I FIXED IT ALL!!!! YAY!!! I was finally able to download Verizon's new OS and this solved my desktop manager problem. Everything needed to be updated, including the media sync, and TA DAAA!!!!! It works!!! Thanks for all the advice!!
    11-15-08 07:42 PM
    OK, so can you play your iTunes music on your BB? I just installed the desktop manger with roxio somethingorother. I'm working on getting my contacts all straightened out. but would love to move some of the songs from my itunes library to my phone.
    Thanks!
    B.
    11-15-08 11:53 PM
    It took me all day, but I FIXED IT ALL!!!! YAY!!! I was finally able to download Verizon's new OS and this solved my desktop manager problem. Everything needed to be updated, including the media sync, and TA DAAA!!!!! It works!!! Thanks for all the advice!!
    Woot Woot Congrats

OK, so can you play your iTunes music on your BB? I just installed the desktop manger with roxio somethingorother. I'm working on getting my contacts all straightened out. but would love to move some of the songs from my itunes library to my phone.
    Thanks!
    B.

I hope this link works... I searched "iTunes" (Search Key Word / Posts by Title in the Bold 9000 forum). So if this link doesn't work the try that.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....archid=6461777

Good luck.
    11-16-08 02:04 AM
    Gratz on getting everything to work.

Welcome to CB!

Enjoy your addiction
    11-16-08 02:18 AM
    Below is a description of the media sync program that is supposed to let you sync your ITunes library and put it on your berry. I have also put the link to it below. I haven't tried it yet, but I am downloading it now. I also never use Roxio. It's a slow PIA. I smply go to my computer, plug in my berry, (say yes to activate mass storage mode if you don't have it set to do this automatically), and drag and drop my media files to it. But I do have some ITunes to move, so I'll give the media sync a try, too.

Your Music on Your BlackBerry Smartphone. Its That Simple.
    Sync your desktop iTunes music files with your BlackBerry smartphone. BlackBerry Media Sync makes getting more from your music quick and easy!1,2,3,4 Want a specific playlist for the gym? With just a few simple clicks, you can choose the playlists you want from your collection.

Or, if you just need a mix of tunes to get you through the day, songs can be randomly chosen from your collection. And, to make sure youve always got enough free memory on your BlackBerry smartphone, BlackBerry Media Sync lets you set a limit as to how muchor how littleof your music to sync.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    11-16-08 03:14 AM
    Yes, I can play my songs from iTunes on my BB. I made a file on iTunes of all the songs I wanted on my BB. Then I opened media sync, plugged my BB into the computer, and it allows you to select which files you want to transfer to your BB. I choose the one with all my songs and in about a minute, everything was downloaded on my BB. It did, however, use up almost a whole GB on my memory card. But thats why I have it, right? After finally being able to open Roxio, I came to the same conclusion of many others on here. It really stinks and didn't do much for me. Media Sync worked perfectly. Hope this helps.
    11-16-08 03:17 PM
    Are you saying that you can play all itune purchased songs now? I thought the bb wouldn't play them and only played MP3's. Please clarify this for me.

karendee
    11-16-08 09:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD