hi

I am currently a treo user but I think that is going to change soon. I don't know if any of you have made the switch to a crackberry from a treo.

I have had about 5 different treo's and I am just not impressed. Too many issues and problems.

thanks
    11-18-07 01:39 PM
    hey alex

I had a treo 700 and hated that thing with the burning passion of a thousand suns...

I have now seen the light and had been waiting for the verizon pearl to arrive. Now I have it and i will never look back...

-db

welcome to the crack
    11-18-07 01:54 PM
    Sprint gave me a 755, which is better than the 700p but still a piece of crap.

I am worried that the BB will not work with my corp. email. They DO NOT have BES and use Microsoft exchange server with Outlook web access (OWA). I THINK the BB will work with BIS but I am not sure.

HELP
    Last edited by alexstjo; 11-18-07 at 02:13 PM.
    11-18-07 02:03 PM
    anyone know the answer to my OWA ?
    11-18-07 08:50 PM
    From what I read, BIS does not support OWA on Exchange Server and might need to do a work around by creating a pop server on your Exchange box and then hookup your Exchange server as a pop server in the BIS.
    11-18-07 09:06 PM
    Should work with OWA. When you sign up for BIS the is an OWA option.
    11-19-07 03:58 PM
    Hello,

I had the 650, the 700w, the 700p all from Verizon and I can say I was truly disappointed and I made the switch. My major issue was that it froze so much, the camera was disappointing and the device itself was huge.

There were some pros to it but not enough to stick with it. I like my bb messenger, I love the instant emails.

I would say make the jump
    11-20-07 02:01 PM
    I was a Treo 650 user
    I did like the palm os very stable compared to the Ipaq I used but I had my mail option for email it sucked
    I love my 8800
    11-20-07 02:11 PM
    I would switch today if I could find info on BIS working with OWA!!!!

I can not find anything on the BB website, they like to keep everything a secret.
    THEN try asking someone at a sprint or Verizon store! HA HA. They don't understand the products they sell just like every other sales person.

Anyone got any suggestions short of buying it to find out?

HELP
    11-20-07 03:13 PM
    Welcome, alexstjo. Make the Switch!
    11-20-07 09:11 PM
    Same song, Treo 650 and 700p lots to love but also lots to hate. I jumped earlier this month and the move is actually nice. The phone flat out works, doesn't lock up, and is waaaaay smaller (Pearl). Also, the battery life is awesome. I charge ~ every 3 days on the standard battery. On my Treo, I charged everyday, every other max down to 15%, with an extended battery! I won't wholesale bash Palm as I've enjoyed their products over the years, it was just time for me to move on. The lowered data rates $29.99 vs $44.99 didn't hurt either :-)
    12-07-07 10:07 PM
    Welcome to CB, make the switch
    12-07-07 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD