Hello Everyone!

I'm Rodney, an American living in Jakarta, Indonesia, who will soon be a Blackberry Bold owner! I hope to get my Bold on October 6 from Indosat (a mobile phone provider here in Indonesia).

I'm addicted to tech gadgets (I've more tech toys than Batman!) but this is my first Blackberry. At the moment, I'm rocking a Nokia E71. From what I am reading on Crackberry, the Blackberry is much more than your typical smartphone.

So, I was curious. What advice could you give a newbie like me? Given your experience with Blackberries, what things would you recommend a newbie to do or not do?

I am the type who loves to use virtually every feature of a device (for personal and professional life), so I really hope to learn from you guys and get lots of advice. I've read through the 101 Lecture Series (heck, I need to re-read it to digest it all hahaha) and the Getting Started Guide.

Anyway, I'm hoping to getting additional advice based on individual's experiences, not just generic tips, in the form of:
    Ex: "you should definitely turn this setting on/off. You should definitely use this/that service. You definitely should get this/that application..."
    I'm hoping to "stand on the shoulders of giants" and learn from your experiences, so I can avoid common mistakes, as well as get a good head start on enjoying my BB. :-D

I'd share my "pin" with you, but I've not one yet! (heck, the concepts of PINs are even new to me! Should I even share my PIN?...cryyyy, so much to learn!).

As for now, I'm really enjoying the Crackberry rehab! Thanks for tolerating my ignorance!

Take care!

Rodney
    09-28-08 02:49 AM
    first welcome to cb
    and second be sure that you read all you can from the newbie section and read the how to blackberry 101 lectures
    their is some great info on there
    once that bold comes in be sure to enjoy it for all of us lollol
    09-28-08 02:52 AM
    Plenty of time between now and Oct 6th for you to get acquainted with CB in anticipation of your BB.

Welcome to the Crack!
    09-28-08 06:09 AM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!! Enjoy your Bold!
    09-28-08 07:04 AM
    Very exciting times await you and your new Bold. Enjoy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-08 06:06 PM
    Thanks, Everyone!

I'm really looking forward to getting my greedy chubby fingers on that new BB Bold.

I cant wait to be hit by that "new tech toy smell" when I open the box hehehe.

Rodney :-D
    09-29-08 12:02 AM
    welcome to cb!
    09-29-08 12:34 AM
    Hi and Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-29-08 08:39 AM
    Hi and Welcome to Crackberry!!!!
    09-29-08 11:05 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-29-08 12:40 PM
    Yes, welcome. Some generic advice can be helpful,

Here's some:http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/