Hello to all! Believe it or not I do not own a Blackberry---yet! I want one so bad I can almost "taste" it. I go in the cellular store and play with them, I read everything I can online about them, and now I have this new site I can come to and read posts from all you great Crackberry addicts and continue to feed my addiction.

I love the Pearl and also the 8800 and wish Verizon had them. I have Verizon and am out of contract so I'm free to move to Cingular if I wish however, I really like Verizon and want to wait until Verizon gets the Pearl or the 8800 or perhaps a revised 8800 with camera. I live in southern Indiana (just over the river from Louisville) but I travel often so I need to have good service and I'm not positive Cingular (or should I say ATT) is as far-reaching as Verizon.

I'm glad someone thought to develop this site and most happy that I can read and further my education concerning the Blackberry even though I do not currrently own one. I hope you addicts will accept me knowing it is my intent to purchase a Blackberry soon.
    02-27-07 12:17 PM
    Cellular services have all caught up with each other. Verizon and T-Mobile in the lastest consumers report was rated the top 2 in almost every market. But if you are out of a big city...Cingular is the way to go. Cingular has one of the worst customer service in the US. T-Mobile by far has the best competitive prices. And verizon has the best network (thou T-mobile is a close 2nd)

Cingular has 3g and Edge(I believe) Verizon has evdo (which is lightning fast) and t-mobile only has Edge. If you are looking for the lastest Gadget, then Verizon which runs on the CDMA network won't work. At the same time, GSM networks, (t-mobile and Cingular) always have the lastest products...unless one has an exlusive.

I suggest that you try the trial for the phone company you want to do business with. (usually 14 days, some are 30 days) And if the service you pick work in your area...then you are set. At the same time, if you are happy with Verizon with the service where you live and travel, why change.
    02-27-07 01:05 PM
    Okay, BlackBerry US has the Z30 GSM unlocked for $499. Before I drop $500 what have been people experiences accessing AT&T's LTE bands with the unlocked GSM Z30? When queried to ATT I got this response. "There's really no guarantee since it's an unlocked device. Unfortunately, we don't support unlocked devices at this time."
    03-20-14 11:33 AM
    My unlocked Z30 STA 100-5 fails to get LTE in the Philadelphia, PA, area. No problem for me. Data is not used very often and 4G is fast enough. Otherwise function is fine even if ATT does not want to support the phone.
    03-20-14 03:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD