Hello,

I recently purchased the blackberry curve 8310 with AT&T/ Cingular. I have used a large variety of phones before but this is my first blackberry. I downloaded the gmail for blackberry app and it works ok but it notifies me of new emails a bit too slow for my taste. I will get the new email in my bb gmail app inbox maybe five minutes after the email is sent.

To work around this I setup the gmail account using the "setup personal email" feature on the bb. Now my emails come in my messages folder and I can respond using that. My question is.. when I reply to all in my messages folder to a gmail that has multiple people CC'd in the thread, it sends instantly but it sends a copy to myself as well. I went in and saw that my name was not CC'd in the email but I still send every email to myself when i reply to all. I have "hide sent messages" and "hide filed messages" selected as well. Is there anyway to either: make the gmail app notify me instantly of new emails/check for new emails more often, or keep my messages folder from sending the reply to all email to myself?

Thanks for your help! I am really loving the blackberry and can't see how I've done without it all this time.
    09-29-08 09:03 AM
    I'm a newb myself so someone else can probably give you a more detailed answer, but I think you have to sign into your service provider's BlackBerry site and set up a filter for your email account that blocks your own replies. It's a "feature."
    09-29-08 10:05 AM
    Apparently I don't have enough posts to insert a link, but on these forums go to "BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ," then find the thread called " GMail - receiving a copy of 'sent items' you sent, on your BlackBerry!" near the top. naviwilliams explains what I was referring to.
    09-29-08 10:09 AM
    Apparently I don't have enough posts to insert a link, but on these forums go to "BlackBerry Tips, How To & FAQ," then find the thread called " GMail - receiving a copy of 'sent items' you sent, on your BlackBerry!" near the top. naviwilliams explains what I was referring to.
    Thanks! i'll check that out right now. I was also wondering why I cant get into att.blackberry.com. I created a blackberry email, [email protected]. Using the setting up gmail for IMAP instructions i went to my service providers blackberry internet service site: att.blackberry.com and put in my username but it says wrong password. So I request a password to myoo2182 to be sent to my blackberry and nothing comes. When I send it to my PIN i get a msg saying no username setup for this pin... so I go and create a new account with my PIN and IMEI and it says.. there is already an account for this pin...
    09-29-08 10:40 AM
    Thanks! i'll check that out right now. I was also wondering why I cant get into att.blackberry.com. I created a blackberry email, [email protected]. Using the setting up gmail for IMAP instructions i went to my service providers blackberry internet service site: att.blackberry.com and put in my username but it says wrong password. So I request a password to myoo2182 to be sent to my blackberry and nothing comes. When I send it to my PIN i get a msg saying no username setup for this pin... so I go and create a new account with my PIN and IMEI and it says.. there is already an account for this pin...
    I want to say I had this same problem with my Verizon account, and then all of a sudden I could get in about 10 minutes later. Maybe it takes a few minutes to get itself set up if you just did this?
    09-29-08 10:49 AM
    welcome to cb!
    09-29-08 12:32 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry.
    09-29-08 12:37 PM
    Welcome to the BB family and CB!! Enjoy
    09-29-08 09:27 PM
    Welcome to the addiction and congrats on your Curve

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 09:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD