Hi All,
    we're new to BB. The phone is for my wife. This will be her first "Smart Phone". I use a Samsung Galaxy S II on AT&T. Of course she is on my plan. She is looking forward to using her new BB Torch 9800. We chose to get her last years model to save a few bucks and she probably wont use most of the features and functions anyway. I'm looking forward to playing with her new phone too.

I'm sure we'll have questions as we go along. We wont be "jailbreaking" or "rooting" or using "custom roms" or whatever you do with BB's. My Captivate was fully rooted and had a custom rom and all that. My new SGS II is stock except for a simple root program. I only did that so I can use Titanium Backup.

Anyway, Hope to talk to you all soon. We should have the phone by Monday. Was hoping for this weekend, but it doesn't look like it's going to make it.
    10-27-11 09:36 PM
    Hi All,
    we're new to BB. The phone is for my wife. This will be her first "Smart Phone". I use a Samsung Galaxy S II on AT&T. Of course she is on my plan. She is looking forward to using her new BB Torch 9800. We chose to get her last years model to save a few bucks and she probably wont use most of the features and functions anyway. I'm looking forward to playing with her new phone too.

I'm sure we'll have questions as we go along. We wont be "jailbreaking" or "rooting" or using "custom roms" or whatever you do with BB's. My Captivate was fully rooted and had a custom rom and all that. My new SGS II is stock except for a simple root program. I only did that so I can use Titanium Backup.

Anyway, Hope to talk to you all soon. We should have the phone by Monday. Was hoping for this weekend, but it doesn't look like it's going to make it.
    Welcome, enjoy the new phone.
    10-27-11 10:02 PM
    ConGrats & welcome aboard. 9800 is a good phone but for just a little more cash you can get her the New 9810.
    10-27-11 10:02 PM
    Welcome, enjoy the new phone.
    Enough said!
    10-27-11 10:11 PM
    No jailbreaking needed in BB. But other than that welcome to BB! Get the 9810 though...... Your wife might not like the 9800

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 10:39 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

She should be fine with the 9800. She really isn't into all this high tech stuff. She just checks E-mail, checks in on her Facebook account, stuff like that. She likes games too.

That's why "I" registered here and will probably do most of the posting.

By the by, can we use the android market? Or does BB have it's own proprietary app system?

Thanks,,,,
    10-27-11 10:50 PM
    By the by, can we use the android market? Or does BB have it's own proprietary app system?
    Nah. For BlackBerry devices, there is AppWorld, MobiHand, Handango, etc...
    Sometimes you can download applications directly from a developers site as well.

Enjoy!
    10-27-11 10:55 PM
    Thanks for the replies.

She should be fine with the 9800. She really isn't into all this high tech stuff. She just checks E-mail, checks in on her Facebook account, stuff like that. She likes games too.

That's why "I" registered here and will probably do most of the posting.

Thanks,,,,
    Sorry android market can't be used. And you said your wife likes games. 9800 has more games currently. 9810 has more capabilities which means sooner or later 3D awesome games can come out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-27-11 10:56 PM
    I'm moving this over to the Newbie section, but welcome to CB! I'm sure your wife will be fine with the 9800, doesn't sound like she needs a ton of bells and whistles and it's a good phone.
    10-27-11 11:26 PM
    I am new here too
    have just received my 9800 and am so happy with it
    I love the Word Mole game- I really like word games
    I hope your wife likes it too
    10-28-11 04:16 AM
    Welcome friends, if you have some question feel free to ask ,there are alot of people here on this site to help, sign up to appworld to grab some apps ,apps are not much as android market but many apps are very useful
    10-28-11 12:03 PM
    How do you make a phone call on your blackberry
    10-28-11 05:56 PM
    I'm moving this over to the Newbie section, but welcome to CB! I'm sure your wife will be fine with the 9800, doesn't sound like she needs a ton of bells and whistles and it's a good phone.
    Thanks Michelle.

And thanks to all of you for the comments. The phone will be here Monday.
    10-28-11 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD