Hello everyone~

I currently switched from a Sidekick to a BB Curve...and I absolutely LOVE it! I can't stop playing with my BB though I am trying to get used to the small keyboard as you all know the Sidekick has a pretty big keyboard so I got used to that size.

Here is my dilemma:

I uploaded my contacts from my SIM card (TMo Customer) and when I did this my contact list...well...got jumbled up. When I say "jumbled up" I meant that each phone number now has it's own label (i.e. Husband Work #, Husband Cell #...etc.) this really annoys me. I was wondering if there is a way to have the numbers locate to each individual it belongs to without retyping the info again?

Also, is there a way to change the format of the phone book? I just think it is too plain and would like some color or something on it

Thanks everyone, hope my question isn't too confusing
    11-19-08 12:32 PM
    I don't know of a quick fix for this, though, I've heard of this before. My suggestion is to use yahoo to organize your contacts. You can use the BB desktop manager to sync with your yahoo account. Yahoo has a cool new beta feature in contacts to search for duplicates. It will recognize them as one and merge them for you. Then you can sync again and your phone book contacts will be back to normal. Hope this helps!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-08 01:46 PM
    Thanks! Does this work with Gmail account also? I don't want to use my Yahoo account since it receives junk mails that I don't care to see on my BB. Or will I need to create a new Yahoo account for this purpose only? I don't mind either way.

A couple more questions I have:

1. After receiving my BB yesterday, I charged the phone per usual direction, and today the phone is already at 20% life left. Is this normal? Or is it just me over using it with all the downloads and such?

2. I d/l Google Aps and at the end of d/l my BB was rebooted. The hourglass stayed on for at least 3 minutes, if not a couple more mins more, is this normal when rebooting?

Sorry for the noob questions, but I am not used to BBs at all lol.
    11-19-08 01:55 PM
    Do you have Outlook on your computer?
    11-19-08 01:56 PM
    I do have Outlook at home, but I do not use it for email.
    11-19-08 02:17 PM
    That's fine. You can install Desktop Manager on your computer at home, then set it up to sync your contacts with Outlook. Using Outlook you can easily edit your contacts, and sync them back to your phone. That would be easier than trying to do it all on your phone.
    11-19-08 02:46 PM
    Awesome! Thanks Sunkast ^-^
    11-19-08 02:54 PM
    welcome to crackberry!!
    11-19-08 03:04 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-19-08 03:23 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry!
    11-19-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD