hi,

i am in a really bad situation. you see, i left Verizon to get an iPhone a few months back, and... i gave up my BB 7130...

since then, i don't get emails unless i unlock my phone and manually check all 4 of my business email accounts separately, i don't get calls because after my 3rd iPhone, calls still go straight to VM, and i miss calls because my phone locks up from time to time. I could have lived with the phone if it was on Verizon... but OH NO... ATT is a hair better than Sprint was 8 years ago when i tried them. that's bad. does anyone else read Gizmodo? i saw an article on there where they talked to Steve Wozniak from Apple and he mentioned wanting honest feedback from the apple customer base. well, i can proudly say that i am a Mac user, i have 3 of them for my business, and i plan to tell Woz exactly how i feel about the iPhone and my experience with ATT. objectively, and to help them implement feedback...

anyway - i have had ENOUGH of ATT, and i gleefully sent them a check today to cover my early termination fees. now, my addiction can be once again satisfied with a Black Berry on a RELIABLE carrier.

...which brings me to my ultimate conundrum. i am switching to Verizon tomorrow, which coincides with the Storm arrival. i hate to sound like a mean person that's not giving it a chance, but i've had enough of the Touch-Screen scene and just want my keyboard back.

i've heard the Curve is a crashy little bugger from the folks at work with Verizon... if i go out and buy a Bold cash at the store, can i bring it to Verizon and have them activate it on their network? with all the different radios, i am confused... i know ATT ad Verizon networks don't play nicely, but i thought since it's the TOTL BB, it might be a bit different...

if not (and i am assuming not...) here are some more questions:

1. do i get a Curve and wait till the Bold arrives on Verizon?
    2. anyone know if it will ever come to Verizon?
    3. what about the Javelin? i don't care about 3G, just email and SMS. anyone know if/when to Verizon?
    4. if not the curve, how's the 8830 world phone?

i'm going to try the Storm out, but my main focus is typing FAST, sending MSGs, and very little surfing. the iPhone was nifty for some reasons, but really wasted my time. i hate using my phone for email, texting, etc because of the network and how freakishly SLOW and buggy/crashy it is.

thanks for the help, and may the addiction be fulfilled in the morning.
    Last edited by the1sen; 11-20-08 at 11:00 PM.
    11-20-08 10:58 PM
    bold will not work on verizon
    and the verizon curve is a great phone
    1. probably
    2. sooner or later
    3. probably not gonna happen
    4. less memory and no camera
    11-20-08 11:03 PM
    hey thanks.

less memory and no camera, so if i don't use the camera would i be stepping into a pile of dung by buying the 8830?

cool. well i hope it's sooner than later. will try out the Storm and then pick up the curve. much obliged for your help.
    11-20-08 11:08 PM
    any advice for what i should tell the fellas at work with the buggy Curves? that normal to crash once or twice a day?
    11-20-08 11:12 PM
    tell them to join crackberry ! lol and to watch what apps they have on it. some apps cause lag and crashing
    11-20-08 11:16 PM
    cool

I'm not loading a damned thing on mine... want it to work.
    11-20-08 11:25 PM
    Welcome to CB!!!!

~JEF~
    11-21-08 10:34 AM
    12-08-08 08:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD