Hi my name is Mark and me and my wife are looking to move onto the smart phones. We both currently have the Katana through Sprint and I'm looking at the BB Curve 8330 and she's undecided. We are going through Alltel as well. June 27th is when we are getting our new phones so until then I'll be looking around for cool apps and stuff to install once I get it and find some more info to help find the right phone for my wife.

She was thinking of the Pearl but the reviews I read don't look very good, and the guy at Alltel last night was showing us the Samsung Delve (I think that was the one) or she's just gonna get the Curve 8330.

A little about me, I'm currently attending DavenPort University and will be done with two associates degrees summer 2010. I'm going for computer networking & security with the COMPTIA+ and Microsoft certifications. I currently work for Midland Public schools part time as a Workstation Technician.

I think that's it, see you around
    05-29-09 09:19 AM
    Hi my name is Mark and me and my wife are looking to move onto the smart phones. We both currently have the Katana through Sprint and I'm looking at the BB Curve 8330 and she's undecided. We are going through Alltel as well. June 27th is when we are getting our new phones so until then I'll be looking around for cool apps and stuff to install once I get it and find some more info to help find the right phone for my wife.

She was thinking of the Pearl but the reviews I read don't look very good, and the guy at Alltel last night was showing us the Samsung Delve (I think that was the one) or she's just gonna get the Curve 8330.

A little about me, I'm currently attending DavenPort University and will be done with two associates degrees summer 2010. I'm going for computer networking & security with the COMPTIA+ and Microsoft certifications. I currently work for Midland Public schools part time as a Workstation Technician.

I think that's it, see you around
    Welcome to crackberry Mark! The curve is a solid device, pearl is not bad either but the curve does have more memory, larger screen and full qwerty keyboard. I have owned them both and got tired of the keyboard on the pearl. But hey to each his/her own. Before you guys get the devices check the 101 lecture series link in my signature. It gives great info for new or potential bb owners. As far as apps I will leave you some links for those to browse as well. Good luck...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...-apps-236714/\
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...ions-bb-14431/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    05-29-09 09:46 AM
    Thanks for the links. I seen the "must have" section earlier, those other one's look like they have some great apps as well. Can't wait to get mine.
    05-29-09 11:30 AM
    Got my 8330 on the Sprint network and love it so far! Just got it yesterday and haven't had much time to mess with it.
    06-05-09 06:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD