Hiya all,

Just found this forum whilst trawling the internet. I have recently got a BB Storm and its fantastic. I do have one question though about setting up email.

I have a sky email account and want to access this on my BB but all I get is the BB Enterprise Server option. Am I missing something?

TIA for any replies and look forward to seeing you guys around.
    06-26-09 09:44 AM
    Hello Digz
    Did you sign up for a BES plan when you purchased you device? I'm not familiar with Vodafone but I will do my best to help.
    06-26-09 10:38 AM
    Hello Digz... im new too! trying to get a Storm
    06-26-09 11:16 AM
    My friend had email problems with her storm...When to the Verizon Store anad she gave the man at the desk her bb storm and they did the work....(always the easy way out.)
    06-26-09 11:18 AM
    Hi Digz,

Welcome to CB!!

Sounds like you need to setup your BIS account first through Vodafone.

BlackBerry Internet Service

After that is complete I found a tutorial that walks you through the rest of the process from Sky mail.

Sky User - Configure Sky Email and POP3 with Blackberry

Hope this helps... as mentioned by others... we are here to help if we can.

Good Luck.
    06-26-09 11:27 AM
    Hi Guys, thanks for the warm welcome.

MePascal - Im not sure if I did sign u for a BES plan so that might be the problem, Katie, I went into vodafone yesterday and they said I was on the wrong price plan and that I had to ring vodafone to sort it out. Murray, I tried what you suggest and when entering the PIN and IMEI I got this message:

Your device has not yet been registered with the network. Please refer to the Getting Started documentation on how to register your device before you continue. If you choose to proceed with this account setup process before registering your device you may be sent to a BlackBerry service home screen with reduced service features until you have registered your device
    Now I am struggling to find where to register the storm.
    06-28-09 04:54 AM
    Digz, if I'm not mistaken, Vodafone has to do that. Otherwise, if you have previously, you can resend your service books. You can either do that on your BB, or go through the BIS site. For Vodafone, the BIS site is BlackBerry Internet Service.

Actually, the more I think about it, I think I had to set up my phone (from VZW, but still) on the site before I could do anything else. Or at least set up my account on that web site. Try that, and let us know what happens.
    06-28-09 04:58 AM
    Can some1 help me I want to put my picture on here with my name but I don't know how! Please help! My pin is pin:304CA1C5
    06-28-09 09:44 AM
    Hey cdaiscool, Ive registered with BIS and created and email address BB specific and I have associated my my sky email on this but how do I get this onto my BB?
    06-28-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD