I've been reading here for a week now and to tell you the truth I am quite overwhelmed. My main question right now is how many addon programs can be added to the Blackberry Curve. With only 64 megs of onboard memory does this limit what you can add or does the blackberry utilize the external sd card for storage. I'm right now looking at upgrading to my first blackberry and this forum has got me drooling.

If anybody can help me with this question or anything else a newbie should know before jumping into buying a blackberry please sound off.

Mav
    08-19-07 06:53 PM
    Just install programs you will use often. I can't tell you how mutch you can install, I guess it depend on how big is program like in every system and how many free space you have. On external card you can save your pictures, ringtones, videos... Best is too save everything you can to save internal memory space. I didn't find option to choose card to save programs...
    08-20-07 08:35 AM
    Thanks mattmarenic, I asked a pretty generic question. I see people using gps, enhanced e-mail, games and etc...
    Just wondering because in the software section I see a lot of things I could probably use quite often and was wondering the limitations of the blackberry. Like I said I've been searching and reading everything I can find on this forum and I have come to the conclusion that the 8300 is right for me.

Thanks again for the reply.
    Mav
    08-20-07 08:51 AM
    Well Maverick I just want to say welcome to the forum and we hope you will love the forum as much as you do your device. The forum has great people, great info and you will have fun as well.

Gia
    08-20-07 08:55 AM
    Thank you Gia, I spent 4 hrs yesterday alone back tracking through different topics trying to bookmark everything I was wanting and needing for my purchase.

This forum is great, It is an addiction I am really going to enjoy thats for sure. Please standby for future questions, I'm sure I will have plenty.

Mav
    08-20-07 09:23 AM
    Welcome Mav, drooling huh? Lol in another two weeks we'll have you foaming at the mouth. Trust me this is THE best site around. All of the mods and members are knowledgable & friendly. Which bb do you have now & which bb are you upgrading to? Ps stop by the "what's your pin" thread if you're looking for some bb msgr buddies.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-20-07 07:53 PM
    Welcome Mav, I really like this forum too, a very relaxed and friendly environment.
    08-20-07 07:58 PM
    Hi Mav, just wait until you have your BB, then you can cruise the site no matter where you are!

08-20-07 08:18 PM
    Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome.

I ordered the curve last night, will have it in a couple days. Want be getting any sleep for a while now.

Stay tuned for further updates and questions.
    (maybe not too many)

Thanks again
    Mav
    08-21-07 12:05 PM
    You will not be sorry. Trust me. Welcome!
    08-21-07 01:56 PM
    Another one bites the dust! Welcome aboard!
    08-21-07 02:59 PM
    It's official, I am the owner of a Blackberry Curve. I was concerned about signal strength were I live but I activated it and made a couple phone calls and all went great. Now to get a data plan and start learning how to set everything up.

Thanks again for all the warm welcomes.
    Mav
    08-24-07 06:53 AM
    Brilliant! Welcome to my World...
    08-24-07 06:58 AM
    Congrats Mav, the curve is soooo hott! You are among the elite bb owners now. Like my bb buddy yeager says: go hard or go home! Lol I'm so jealous, congrats again.

08-24-07 06:58 AM
    Can Pearl owners be elite, too?
    08-24-07 11:58 PM
    hey there welcome to cb
    03-17-08 03:33 AM
    Why are you bumping 6month or older threads? theres no need and it just clutters up the new posts,
    03-17-08 03:34 AM
    Hello to you too!
    03-17-08 09:49 AM
    WElcome to CB
    03-17-08 09:54 AM
    Welcome to the CrackBerry. Get a larger memory card (vs the 1gig) if you plan on utilizing the berry to it's full potential. This next card(my 3rd) will be 8 gigs - totally bypassing the 6 gig card
    03-17-08 10:20 AM
    Hi and welcome.

03-17-08 11:20 AM
    Welcome to CB!
    03-17-08 04:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD