Hello!

I'm new to this forum, and I've already searched for keywords on this topic with not much luck, SO! if there is another topic or thread that addresses these questions please attach a link for me, thanks.

I am trying to educate myself on making flash animation for blackberries (and mobile phones in general). i am a flash character animator by trade, and i own a pearl 8100. i would like to share my animations with the public (sorta like my newspaper comics section), but animated character shorts. distributed by the web dirt cheap. Is this possible to do independently?

Thanks!
    Any information would be greatly appreciated!
    09-29-08 05:24 PM
    Not for BlackBerry. Flash is supported on any model yet.
    09-29-08 05:41 PM
    Not for BlackBerry. Flash is supported on any model yet.
    Correction: is NOT supported

Don't think I would want it anyway on a business oriented mobile device, Flash always seems to eat bandwidth
    09-29-08 05:56 PM
    Oops, some how the "not" never got typed out. Thanks branta.
    09-29-08 06:01 PM
    Ok, thanks for the reply!

but how is bplay.com selling flash games for BB's then??
    09-29-08 06:46 PM
    Also,
    can anyone suggest a mobile device that is more equip for handling flash in the fashion i have described.
    09-29-08 06:52 PM
    I'm only guessing here, but IF that site is selling flash games for BlackBerries, they're encapsulated in some sort of shell that will render the Flash file. It's different from delivering Flash content through the browser.

If you really wanted to do it, I'd imagine you could create a standalone BB app for your comics that users can download to "play" your Flash files, but you couldn't serve it up through a mobile website.

I think Windows Mobile devices can do Flash (maybe?), but I haven't used one since a Treo 650 so I can't really suggest much.

I know it's not ideal, but maybe you could at least set up a website with your flash animations and provide an RSS feed to let people know you have something new out, encouraging them to set it up on their BBs.
    09-29-08 10:24 PM
    thanks for the info!

its a shame bb's dont support flash.
    10-02-08 10:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD