Hello everyone here!

After reading and going through quite a lot of posts here, I am very happy to be a member of this fine community.

As the title of my post implies, I am from Greece and I live in Athens. My first experience with a Blackberry was many years ago, maybe in 2008 (or late 2007, I don't quite remember) when I was working for a US publishing company with offices in Greece, among many other parts of the world. I was in the sales dept. and we had been given the very first Apple phone (that must have been in 2007) when they also gave us a Blackberry phone for email use only through VPN. I think it was the Bold 9000, and it could only be used to receive and send/reply to emails. The experience was awesome indeed! The keyboard experience was so much better from phones with keyboard of the past! So much so, that it made you finding an excuse to type a new message and send, just for the amazing experience!

Anyway, towards the end of 2010 I was made redundant, due to the economic crisis that hit Greece so hard, and upon leaving, I had to hand back the Blackberry, although I was given ownership of the iPhone..go figure! That phone I later gave to my daughter, who remains a loyal fan of Apple to this day.

At that time, there weren't really any outlets selling new Blackberry devices, and although Vodafone Greece did import some models in the next few years, they were impossibly expensive, and I had to go the Android road, mostly with Sony devices.

While I have never really like Android, I have to admit that I liked iOS even less! So, fast forward to 2019 when I finally purchased a used but in an "as new condition" Blackberry Classic!!

Yes, I know what many people will say here, I've read most of the pros and cons, but I would also like to say that coming to BB OS 10, and more specifically to version 10.3.3.2137, which should be the latest update, is a revelation to me!

I can say quite a lot more things about why I feel so good about this phone, but I don't want to tire you, or try your patience. So, I am glad I am here and hope to learn a lot from all of you guys!

Take care!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-08-19 12:37 PM
    Sad for you as you literally came to BB10 before the lights are finally switched off.

I have to partially deal with BB10 almost every day, so I am keeping in touch with it. It's nice but daily contact also reminds me a lot of it's real experience, so I am not remembering it nicer than it once was.

It has just awesome UI, gestures are great but it's also terribly out in so many aspects. Nowadays it's basically useless for anything apart texts, voice calls, music player. Passport is a bit better, has much more powerful CPU but web browsing isn't really convenient with it either.

But if you are acknowledged with BB10's death and are just a basic user, why not? Classic might serve you very well.
    03-09-19 02:38 AM
    Well, yes...I would say I am on the" basic user" side of things, and have always been, so I think the Classic will serve me very well indeed.

I will expand on my experience with the device so far to the relevant thread, but what I'd also like to say here is that I still may have to have the Passport experience!

And I also think, and correct me if I am wrong, that BB10 will still be around next year and possibly for more years after that as well, as long as one is not an "app" guy!
    03-10-19 11:45 AM
    Hello and welcome to Crackberry, glad to have you back and enjoy the forums.
    03-10-19 05:35 PM
    Well, yes...I would say I am on the" basic user" side of things, and have always been, so I think the Classic will serve me very well indeed.

I will expand on my experience with the device so far to the relevant thread, but what I'd also like to say here is that I still may have to have the Passport experience!

And I also think, and correct me if I am wrong, that BB10 will still be around next year and possibly for more years after that as well, as long as one is not an "app" guy!
    Welcome to CB saint! You are absolutely correct, BB10 will be around next year and for many years to come and will run anything that is either pre-loaded (so the basic native apps that come with an autoloader), an otherwise-compatible Android app, or a native app that can be sideloaded.

Don't be discouraged my friend, and let us (and me specifically if you wish--sometimes it can be difficult to know who is sympathetic to BB10 folk these days ) know if there's anything we can do to help!
    03-14-19 03:52 AM
    Thank you very much TrumpetTiger for your kind comment! I will certainly contact you regarding BB OS 10 soon!
    03-14-19 12:44 PM