Just thought I would say hi. I don't have a BlackBerry yet (waiting until May for my 2 year upgrage eligability). I am having one issue though, Sprint offeres 4 BB devices, the 8130, 8330, 8830, and 7100i. The last two are more busness oriented than I want (with price tags to match) so its between the Pearl and Curve.

In my little bit of playtime at the local Sprint store yesterday (stopped by to get an Airave as a christmas present for my parents) I got one message typed on the Curve and Pearl. I am wondering if anyone has some opinions on which is the better device? So far I like the Curve better (QWERTY keyboard is nice since I did have a PPC-6700 Windows Mobile phone in the past) but the smaller size of the Pearl is nice too. Do I just flip a coin and pick one?
    11-16-08 02:36 PM
    Hi and welcome to crackberry! To answer your question both devices are great. I've owned both. I personally started off with a pearl. I liked the size and typing was very easy on it. Had no problems with suretype. The curve is also a great device. Fits well in your hand,more memory than the pearl, and last but not least it has the qwerty keyboard. Its really just a personal prefrence on what you want.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 02:40 PM
    welcome to crackberry! May will be here before you know it
    11-16-08 02:48 PM
    The Curve is an unbelieveable phone with unbeatable features and functionality.

The Pearl is a nice size, but if you plan to text a lot, the larger QWERTY keyboard and big screen is really nice.

BB makes great phones, so I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Check out the forums, Curve owners are die-hards that are in love with their phone!

Its solid in form, functionality and fun. You can't beat that!

Good luck and welcome to CB!
    11-16-08 02:49 PM
    Hi and welcome to crackberry! To answer your question both devices are great. I've owned both. I personally started off with a pearl. I liked the size and typing was very easy on it. Had no problems with suretype. The curve is also a great device. Fits well in your hand,more memory than the pearl, and last but not least it has the qwerty keyboard. Its really just a personal prefrence on what you want.

I think I will end up with the Curve just because I loved the QWERTY keyboard on my 6700 and I hate T9 (I know, not quite the same) on my Katana DLX. That and on the Pearl I tried to use T9 so I was looking for 3 letters per key

welcome to crackberry! May will be here before you know it
    Unless I buy one of the many new Curve's on eBay before then (i.e. if I get a good Christmas bonus).

The Curve is an unbelieveable phone with unbeatable features and functionality.

The Pearl is a nice size, but if you plan to text a lot, the larger QWERTY keyboard and big screen is really nice.

BB makes great phones, so I don't think you could go wrong with either one. Check out the forums, Curve owners are die-hards that are in love with their phone!

Its solid in form, functionality and fun. You can't beat that!

Good luck and welcome to CB!
    Just what I need though, another addiction. I already have motorcycles, cars, snowmobiles, guns, WoW, Day of Defeat Source, TF2, Wii..........
    11-16-08 04:54 PM
    Why did you ask then? ;-)

You asked for advice, you can't complain that CB Addicts aren't willing to give it! ;-)
    11-16-08 05:06 PM
    Why did you ask then? ;-)

You asked for advice, you can't complain that CB Addicts aren't willing to give it! ;-)
    No, I'm mad at myself for giving me another addction
    11-16-08 05:14 PM
    Hello and welcome
    11-16-08 06:32 PM
    Welcome to the forum and yes get one!!! I am glad I quit WoW... Been over a year now...

11-16-08 06:32 PM
    If you like the keyboard on the Curve even A BIT more, get the Curve. You should only get the Pearl if you have very small pockets or you love the SureType keyboard. Before I learned about BB's, I was just like you: thinking I'd want to the Pearl for size because the Curve's too big. But I couldn't stand the SureType keyboard (or smaller amount of RAM and smaller screen) and realized that the Curve is actually pretty small. So I went with the Curve and I've never looked back!
    11-16-08 06:49 PM
    If you like the keyboard on the Curve even A BIT more, get the Curve. You should only get the Pearl if you have very small pockets or you love the SureType keyboard. Before I learned about BB's, I was just like you: thinking I'd want to the Pearl for size because the Curve's too big. But I couldn't stand the SureType keyboard (or smaller amount of RAM and smaller screen) and realized that the Curve is actually pretty small. So I went with the Curve and I've never looked back!
    I will probably be getting the Curve. Just have to wait now
    11-16-08 07:04 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction
    11-16-08 07:06 PM
    Hello & welcome to the addiction!!!
    11-17-08 05:47 AM
    Curve all the way.
    11-17-08 10:47 AM
    I got my pearl because I was told by a salesperson it was the best phone. I knew nothing about blackberry phones. So I took the salesperson s suggestion This site has so much information! My luck to find the one salesperson that actually likes the pearl because every other salesperson I spoke with would not recommend the pearl. So I am stuck until june 2008 to upgrade

11-17-08 10:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD