Hello to all,
    I've been lurking for a week or so waiting for my bb curve to arrive. It was on the doorstep when I returned home last night. What can I say, I haven't had much time to play with it, but so far...I love it! I thought it would make me more efficient at work but now I'm beginning to wonder! Addicts never focus on work and this thing clearly is addicting.

Could someone give me some insight into the locked/unlocked world? I am assuming I am locked. I read in some discussion that unlocking allows you to use a SIM card from any GSM carrier. Could someone tell me just what that means and what the advantage would be?

Thanks ya'll!
    09-22-07 02:35 PM
    The advantage in having a unlocked phone is that you could use it for any gsm carrier world wide. Just to give you an example, If you ever plan on leaving the states and moving to the UK, then you could take the same AT&T curve that you use unlock it and then insert a 02 sim card. Another advantage would be if you ever planned on selling your curve on Ebay, Amazon etc etc then your re-sell value would be alittle higher because anyone who uses a gsm carrier could buy the phone from you. The whole unlocking concept is a very cool one. If you had T-mobile service and wanted a new blackberry that just came out for AT&T then all you would have to do is buy it and then get it unlocked so that you could use it with T-mobile. If you want to unlock your phone all you have to do is call up AT&T and ask them for the unlocking code.
    09-22-07 04:00 PM
    Thanks! How do you find out what SIM card you might need? Specifically, I'm headed to St. Bart's in a couple of months.
    09-22-07 04:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD